Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 export to dxf?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
lpbug
35422 Views, 22 Replies

Inventor 2013 export to dxf?

I've been looking all over the forum but cannot find any answers as to how I can export my drawing in DXF. I have tried the options for dwg files but am not finding the option to export as dxf. Please- a little help would be greatly apprecited.

Thanks

Tags (3)
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
jason.dupree
in reply to: blair

Just in case anyone comes looking back for answers on this topic, you can export a flatpattern or any face of a part as a DXF. If you have a flat pattern, right click on the flat pattern in the browser. Select Save Copy As... and choose the DXF filetype.

8-26-2013 9-36-35 AM.jpg

Also you can save a face but it won't give you bend lines. You can do so by right clicking on a face and choosing Export Face As... and choosing the DXF filetype. From there you can even change options on the output.

8-26-2013 9-39-10 AM.jpg

8-26-2013 9-42-02 AM.jpg

Hope this helps!

Jason Dupree
Senior Consultant - ECAD, Inc.
Message 22 of 23
vincentdanby
in reply to: lpbug

Hi,

Am looking to be able to try and export multiple files from inventor 2013 at once into DXF, i can do this using the inventor task scheduler but only for DWG's, there is a custom option on the scheduler, but does anyone have any idea on where to start creating a custom task? Or even if it is possible to set up a DXF export option?

Thanks

Message 23 of 23
ethogersen
in reply to: lpbug

Right click on a face and choose "export face as".

DXF is one of the options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report