Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013: Error Creating Detail Views

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mark-j-a
1339 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2013: Error Creating Detail Views

We have struck a problem this morning, that we are hoping we can resolve quickly or at least get some help with.

We have a conveyor belt profile, which covers a length of 2330 meters and a height of 150 meters. We have a place a elevation view of the profile in an idw file at a scale of 1:2500.

We would normal place detail views on the elevation view to zoom in on key areas of the belt, i.e. drive area etc. In all previous release of inventor had no problem. However Inventor 2013 displays the following error.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Create Profile and Section View: Problems encountered while executing this command.

The specific inputs did not create sweep geometry (faces and.or edges). Try by changing path geometry and/or create the profile on a sketch plane that is perpendicular to the path and contains one of the path vertices.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

I have attached the part file and also the idw file that we are using.

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rhasell
in reply to: mark-j-a

Mark

I gave it a quick try, sorry, I got the same error, if I get a gap later, I will try again.

I even tried to crop it, hoping that you could place multiple "base views"  alas, that did not work either.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 7
rdyson

Definitely seems to be a bug.

In the mean time, attached is a work around that might work for you

PDSU 2016
Message 4 of 7
mark-j-a
in reply to: rdyson

rdyson

Thanks for the work around, I have passed this onto my drafting department and might be what we need to do to get us out of trouble.

Hopefully Autodesk can get a Hotfix out for this soon.

Is it just me or does it seem that Autodesk have completely drop the ball on the 2013 release of Inventor, we have had so many problems with this release.

Mark

Message 5 of 7
jaanos

Any progress with this one Autodesk?

I am having the same problem and it is causing massive problems. Similar situation with a swept conveyor belt profile, however, the detailed view works on the belt at part level and on a simpler 'mock up' of the belt and an assembly. It only fails on the top level assembly which is a combination of the belt part and other parts/assemblies/weldments.

Message 6 of 7
jaanos
in reply to: jaanos

Found the problem...

The conveyor belt was too big for inventor to handle.

"The maximum size of an Inventor part model (only part) is bounded by a cube of 10000cm X10000cm X 10000cm. When a solid body exceeds the boundary, the modeling commands will behave unpredictably.
For assembly, there is no internal size limit on how big an assembly can be. However, it is restricted by hardware (memory, CPU) and OS (maximum floating number allowed)."

johnson.shiue@autodesk.com

Amended this and everything is working ok for now.

Message 7 of 7
Arindam2012

We are facing the same problem wih our 1350 meter long shuttle head conveyor. so i am assembling the conveyor in many parts.

But I could not understand if Inventor can produce a Elevation of the entire model then why it can not generate a small portion as a detail of of it. If any solution or hotfix is available that will be very much helpful for us.

aub@lntecc.com

Thanks in advance.

Regards;

Arindam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report