Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 eating RAM and slow performance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lscadden
1229 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2013 eating RAM and slow performance

We recently installed Product Design Suite 2013 on new CAD stations and are experincing extremly poor performance.  Inventor 2013 is devouring RAM at an alarming rate.  Simple files up to rendered views in drawings.  As an example I have a drawing that is 5mb in size.  When I open it in Inventor 2013 it takes 3-5 minutes just to open and watching the system resource manager it eats up 7-12GB of memory!   This same file in 2011 would open in 10-20 seconds and hardley register at all on the resource meter.   I've installed update 1 as directed by our reseller and it made no difference.  I've used the Task Scheduler to run a migration with complete rebuilt and compact file history etc...

Did nothing.  This is a very serious issue as it has effectivly made inventor unusable.  Has anyone experienced this and or found a soloution for it?

Luke Scadden

HP Z800 Xeon X5672 3.20GHz

WIN 7 64-bit OS

24GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro 4000 2GB

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
G.Lorje
in reply to: lscadden

Hi Luke.

Having the same issue.

Recently upgraded, ran excruciatingly slow in the beginning, then became good for a day, now running slow again.

Does anyone at Autodesk have an answer?

This is rediculous!

Grant

Message 3 of 4
lscadden
in reply to: G.Lorje

As an update to this,  our local Autodesk Application Engineer logged in and thus far I think he's got us running smoothly again.   In our case it was our Vault Project file.  It was looking to an incorrect Library location that didn't get updated when we migrated the Vault to 2013.  For whatever reason the .ipj was corrupt and after some tweaking there it made a world of difference!  I would recommend looking at the project and in particular the library paths. 

Luke

Message 4 of 4
andyreiswig
in reply to: lscadden

We have been experiencing the same issues with Inventor consuming a great deal of available physical memory.  I would suggest tweaking the project file to make sure that the paths defined within it are correct since your upgrade.  Also, I would check to see if the templates and design styles directories that are defined by the project file do not have unneeded files in them.  Just the templates and design files seems to help speed things up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report