Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 crashing when Migrating Styles from 2011.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jharris
387 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2013 crashing when Migrating Styles from 2011.

I'm trying to migrate our styles library from Inventor 2011 to 2013 using the style library manager.  I have the current (2013) library loaded in the first slot, and my old 2011 library loaded in the second slot.  Under the 2011 library, the Migrate button is active.  

I click Migrate, and after telling me it can take up to 2 minutes to migrate the library, it proceeds.  After about two minutes, I get a progress box generated by Inventor (not the style library manager) that indicates it is copying some 1300 files from one location, to another.  I can't tell if it is the same location or not, as the filepaths are truncated in the progress box.

As it finishes, usually with one file remaining, I get the "Autodesk Inventor 2013 Has stopped working" error.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly etc. etc.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Is there a solution?  It's quite frustrating.  I do not relish having to go back and manually define all my styles.

Context: Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013, Win 7 Pro, 12 GB ram.  I've tried both with and without my antivirus realtime scan on.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MingweiGao
in reply to: jharris

Hello,

Did you install SP2 for Inventor Profession 2013 on your machine? If not, please install it firstly and try your migration again.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21702054&linkID=9242019

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 3 of 3
jharris
in reply to: MingweiGao

I am running SP2.  I just tried again and I no longer have the Migrate Styles button highlighted -- it appears my 2011 styles have been updated.  I wonder if it had completed the migration process, but crashed at the end and just didn't set a flag somewhere.  Seems to be working now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report