Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 crashes when opening file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
m.maier
290 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2013 crashes when opening file

I am trying to convert a .stp file to a .dwg so that I can add it to a 3D assembly. Normally this works for me, however with a certain file I am having issues. This pump drawing crashes Inventor 2013 every single time. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall/repair inventor but to no avail. I have tried installing "service packs" with no success, saying they are incompatible. I have tried using Inventor 2013 from my designsuite USB as well as the R1 version I found free on the Autodesk website. I'm pretty confused. Anyone know what might be going on here? Sorry that the file is too large to attach.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: m.maier

Hi m.maier,

Here is a similar issue. I've linked to the solution, but it might be helpful to you to read through the entire, thread, as there are many possibilities suggested through out:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Inventor-hangs-when-importing-Step-files/m-p/4697463#...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4

Try this:  In Inventor, go to into Tools > Application Options > General - and set the value of the "Undo File" to 4095.

Then try importing the problem file again.

Let us know if it helps?

Peter
Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: m.maier

Hi! When Inventor crashed, did you send in the crash report with your email address? If yes, could you send me an email (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com) directly? I would like to take a look at the report.

I might need the dataset to reproduce the crash. I can help set up a secure account for you to upload.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report