Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 content center window does not open

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
kroschi
3293 Views, 19 Replies

Inventor 2013 content center window does not open

I am currently using the Inventor 2013 Students version on Windows 8, but the problem I want to get solved did occur under Windows 7 in exactly the same way and has never changed in any way.
When I want to place a part from the content center in an assembly, and click on the button saying
“place from content center” the window simply does not open. It does not happen anything. The
Setup says everything is installed correctly and I have all *.idcl files on my computer. In the
project dialog box the "configure content center" button also does nothing. I have searched the
help pages, discussion forums and knowledge bases, and found solutions for Inventor versions before
2012. But of course they do not work. Are there any solutions for Inventor 2013? I would be
grateful for any help so that I can use my content center.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
SBix26
in reply to: kroschi

- Does the Location of Libraries (Application Options > Content Center tab) match where your .idcl libraries are stored?

- In the Add-In Manager, is Content Center shown as Automatic/Loaded?

Message 3 of 20
LT.Rusty

Are you now, or have you in the past, used multiple monitors?

I had this problem occur at one point a couple years back when I'd been using an external monitor with my laptop, and then when I went back to just using the built-in screen I couldn't find the content center window.  It was opening up alright, but it was just trying to find its position on the second monitor ... which wasn't there any more.  I don't remember exactly how I did it, but I had to reset Windows' cache of window positions.  I think CCleaner can do it, but I'm not 100% positive.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 4 of 20
SBix26
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Much easier than CCleaner or reseting Windows' cache-- when the Content Center window is active, type Alt-Space, M.  This invokes the window move command, and you can use the arrow keys to steer a missing window back on the screen, then hit Enter or take over with the mouse.

Message 5 of 20
kroschi
in reply to: SBix26

@sbixler wrote:

- Does the Location of Libraries (Application Options > Content Center tab) match where your .idcl libraries are stored?

- In the Add-In Manager, is Content Center shown as Automatic/Loaded?

Yes the location matches and it is shown as Automatic/Loaded. Furthermore, the named File CCAddIn.dll exists in the Location given at the bottom of the Add-In Manager.
Message 6 of 20
kroschi

@sbixler wrote:

Much easier than CCleaner or reseting Windows' cache-- when the Content Center window is active, type Alt-Space, M.  This invokes the window move command, and you can use the arrow keys to steer a missing window back on the screen, then hit Enter or take over with the mouse.

I tried this before I posted my problem. That is why I could say, that the window does not open. And besides I have never used two monitors.

Message 7 of 20
SBix26

I'm out of ideas.  You mention that this happened with Windows 7 also-- same computer or different computers?  Is there any other weird stuff happening on this computer, or just Content Center?  Can you open the Content Center editor?

Message 8 of 20
blair

The CC edit button within the Project Editor is a little funny in it's operation. When you select it, you get a icon below it with a down icon. You need to select it with the down button (almost a click hold and click function).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 20
SBix26
in reply to: blair

Right, it's a pull-down menu with only one item in it!  See image below.  Apologies if you have already figured this out, but we're grasping at straws...

Configure CC Libraries.PNG

Message 10 of 20
kroschi

By trying to use the Content Center Editor, I've just now recognized, that no add-in seems to work. I didn't try itbefore , but now I've seen, that the shaft generator and all other generators on the design tab do not work as well.

Message 11 of 20
blair

Check that the CC is being loaded within Inventor: Tools>Add-In Manager (plus sign)Capture.JPG

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 20
kroschi

As I said above in post 5 it is marked as 'Automatic/Loaded' in the Add-In Manager.

Message 13 of 20
blair

You you get this from the CC editor in the Projects File?Capture.JPG

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 14 of 20
kroschi

No, I don't get anything from the Content Center Editor in the Project files, because this window doesn't open, too, like the CC Editor in the Manage tab and the Generators in the Design tab.

Message 15 of 20
blair

As I posted earlier, it is a funny window to open, you need click on it for the box to drop down, then click on the dropped down box

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 16 of 20
kroschi

I know, but unfortunately this doesn't change anything. I can click on the button in the dropdown menu as often as I want, but nothing happens.

Message 17 of 20
blair

With this being on Win8, either wait until a SP/Hot-Fix comes is released from Autodesk or load Inventor on a Win7 Machine.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 18 of 20
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi kroschi,

Here is a similar case, with a suggestion that the Windows profile might be something to look at:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Content-Center-does-not-open-when-logged-in-as-a-stu...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 19 of 20
kroschi

I have solved the problem. It is avery simple solution, but I just don't understand it. I only had to run the program NOT as administrator, so just remove the check mark from the box in the properties. I had to set the check mark when I first installed it under Windows 7 on my new laptop. Before, it always crashed with every click I did. But now everything works fine und each window opens as it is supposed to do, even under Windows 8 and without compatibility mode.

So I thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

Message 20 of 20
kroschi

As I said above in post 5 it is marked as 'Automatic/Loaded'.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report