Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Inventor 2013 circular pattern

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
liserasmussen
1235 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2013 circular pattern

There used to be the possibility for rotating or not rotating the feature of a circular pattern. The two options are called adjust or identical. The options are still there but there is no difference in the result. Is this Inventor 13 malfunction??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: liserasmussen

You are asking about feature pattern in a part, not component pattern in an assembly, correct? 

I think that perhaps you are not comparing the same tools.  In the rectangular pattern tool, there is a choice of orientation (Identical, Direction 1, Direction 2), but not in the circular pattern tool.  Adjust / Identical does not control orientation, but how the features interact with varying geometry.

Message 3 of 3

Hi! Without an example, it is hard for me to tell if there is a problem here. Please take a look at attached simple R2013 part. Edit the circular pattern feature and change the Compute option. You will see how they differ. If the behavior is inconsistent with the part you are working on, please either attach it here or send it to me.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report