Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 and Excel 2003 issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kenr
559 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2013 and Excel 2003 issues

Hi Everyone

I have a problem with using the excel spreadsheet to hold my parameters and then making them auto update in the model.

I have the excel 2003 spreadsheet saved in the same folder in the projects directory as the model. When I create the spreadsheet and enter the parameters and values etc I save and close the file.

When I am in inventor 2013 64 bit with SP1 installed, I open the model and can link the spreadsheet to the model and the model reflects the values in the spreadsheet. I also click update on the parameters dialog box.

I then open the spreadsheet and make some changes to the values, save the file and even go to the extreme of closing the file. When I go back into Inventor it recognises there has been some changes in the underlying spreadsheet. The update button is active in the tool bar. However trying to update the models by what ever means does not update the model parameters to those in the spreadsheet. Even closing the model and reopening it does not make a difference.

The only way I can get this to work is disconnecting the file and then reconnecting the file through the links option in the parameters dialog box. Then the model reflects the correct values and updates the model accordingly.

My concern is there is quite a bit of stuff on the net about 2013 not working with 2014 inventor anyway. I need to have a solution to this asap. I have logged a service call with my support organisation here in Australia and they have told me they have escalated it to Autodesk in the States... almost two weeks ago, and nada.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhasell
in reply to: kenr

Hi

Are you using Excel 32 or 64.  There was a registry key change for the 32bit excel version.

I don't have the spare time to do a search at the moment. But have a look for issues with iParts and excel. (The issue cropped up when you could not edit the ipart table via excel.

Hopefully it is as simple as that.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 4
pcrawley
in reply to: rhasell

I think it was this one: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14079866&linkID=9242018

Could be wrong though - let us know?

And the stuff you are reading about 2013 not working with 2014... I run them both side-by-side without any problems.

Peter
Message 4 of 4
rhasell
in reply to: pcrawley

That was it, thanks.

Hopefully it fixes the OP's issue.

I am currently using Excel64 I have no issues between excel and Inventor.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report