Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
583 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2012

Can anyone tell me if Inventor 2012 is going to have the capability of creating ‘coils’ in the assembly stage? As of 2010 you can only create ‘coils’ on the individual parts in the ipt.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

I haven't loaded 2012 yet but I highly doubt it..

For my own understanding why do you need to create a coil in the assembly environment?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
coreyparks
in reply to: mcgyvr

I have had to do this in the past.  We pressed a stainless shaft through a piece or delrin round and then held the shaft while we machined the OD and a helical path through the plastic part.  I was not able to create the parts the same way we would build them like I usually do.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 4 of 7
mflayler2

Have you tried the Spring Generators in the Design Tab in the Assembly?

Otherwise you can always create an Adaptive Part to accomplish this too.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Perhaps you could create your assembly first as a multi-body part - then derive components / assembly from this and keep the links?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Yes,you can do make coils in assemblys in Inventor 2012

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I was talking with a Autodesk representative about this issue and they said that Inventor 2012 can not make coils in the assembly only in the part development.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report