Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 to Solidedge ST4

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alpha_channel
1316 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2012 to Solidedge ST4

I need help I can't find anyone in the industry that knows how to export assemblies and/or parts from inventor to SolidEdge St4 and have the part remain editable in solidedge ST.

We are trying to send a .ipt to a designer that uses SolidEdge ST4. She can open the file and has no issues translating however it remains a dumb solid. 

Is it possible to have it be parametric and keep the features? 

Inventor has a feature recognition tool that I have use with much success I hope ST4 has something similiar.

Many thanks in advanced!!!

Joshua Pageau

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
stevec781
in reply to: alpha_channel

The whole premise and marketing angle of ST4 is that it is history free and they can work with any dumb solid.  Its just like fusion but works within solidedge instead of being seperate.  Your client should be able to add the live rules to ensure design intent is maintained and then just work in synchonous mode.

Message 3 of 4
bukko
in reply to: alpha_channel

As the first reply stated... Solid Edge ST4 will edit just about any solid from any other package in syncronous mode with live rules. It's really a very useful feature and it works extremely well. How much time does your designer have in SE ST4? It should be a piece of cake.

Message 4 of 4
alpha_channel
in reply to: bukko

Thank you both this is very insightful. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report