Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 Task Scheduler is not respoonding

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
falkmassmann
545 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2012 Task Scheduler is not respoonding

Good day,

I´m having a problem with the Inventor 2012 Task Scheduler.

I´ve done a couple of migration tasks over the last 2 months, actually quite some big tasks on our Vault Server.

Now I´m getting no more access to the application, it´s either showing a message that the server is busy and not responding or the application starts up and sits for a minute in the task bar and then opens up but still I can´t click any menus or create a report to control the tasks I´ve done earlier.

But I need to check the last couple of tasks to see which files have been succesfully migrated and which are not.

I know that I can view the logfiles manually but that still leaves me with no more tasks that I need to run to fix our database and Inventor files.

Let the application run with administrator rights doesn´t help either, I´m at a loss here. What else could be done to get

the task scheduler back up running?

All the best

Falk

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
falkmassmann
in reply to: falkmassmann

The only solution for me was replacing the database for the Task Scheduler with the original one from the installation.

For anyone having the same problem, make a copy of the recent *.mdb´s and look for the fresh database on your installation disk.

It seems Task Scheduler is not capable of doing large migration datasets under WinXP 64, after 8 to 10 tasks in the database the application becomes completely unusable.

The question is, what other tool can be used for migrating a vault with 75.000 files?

I answered that question for myself with None.

You will have to live with another Autodesk 80% solution, which is the Task Scheduler.

Best wishes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report