Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 starts in Classic Menu

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
karthur1
1652 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2012 starts in Classic Menu

Started Inventor 2012 and was greeted with the classic menu.  First time I have seen this in a while.  Went to the Tools>Application options and changed it back to Ribbon.  Closed and restarted.  Came up in Ribbon this time.

Inventor_2012_Classic.png

Strange thing is if I now go the tools>Application options, there is no way to select the interface style..... not that I want to, I'm just saying that it is not there now.

I didnt think that 2012 was supposed to even support the classic menu?  Guess that it is really hidden deep inside somewhere.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
khosking
in reply to: karthur1

I noticed that the classic interface becomes active when using the Inventor 2012 Task Scheduler, and then starting Inventor 2012 at the same time.

Message 3 of 8
iDS!
in reply to: khosking

...sweet mother of pearl...this is fantastic! ...can't try this fast enough...stay tuned 😉

Message 4 of 8
iDS!
in reply to: iDS!

...hmmm so I thought 2011 & 2012 were NOT to have the "Classic" option? ...I'm running 2011 sp2 and sure enough there it is! ...I'm certain this was not the case when 2011 intialy released...no?

Message 5 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: iDS!

2011 always had the option to switch between classic and the ribbon interface

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

it seems to be repeatable: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Classic-UI-in-Inventor-2012/td-p/3080666

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
iDS!
in reply to: DarrenP

Ah yes your right...2011 did have it on initial launch...they only threatened it during Beta...

...so I have 2012 loaded but haven't implemented it...however now that sp1 is out...I'm waiting for any sparks before moving forward...

Message 8 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: khosking

I think the TS was running a migration task at the same time.  Looks like that is what caused it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums