Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 SP1 patch fails - Error 1500

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dbyrnes
1082 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2012 SP1 patch fails - Error 1500

Running Win7 64. I crashed Inventor 2012 yesterday. I clicked Send on the CER and got an Internet Explorer window with a link to a patch - inventor_2012_sp1_x64.msp.

I downloaded the patch and attempted to install it this morning, but consistently get an error message:"Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one." (see attached).

According to task manager, nothing else is running. I've restarted the pc - no luck. There aren't any windows waiting for responses hiding behind these windows.

How can I install this patch?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: dbyrnes

Hi dbyrnes,

Thanks for your reporting and sorry for the inconvenience .

This is a installation problem and I suggest you to post it in the Installation & Licensing forum so more experts will look at it and feedback, the link is http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24 .

You crash should be fixed in Inventor 2012 SP1, that's why you will get an IE window with a link to this patch.

But for this patch installation error, I will leave it to my colleague (installation expert :)) to take a look at it and reply to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3

HI, do you encouter the same error when you install other software, please have a look this link and see if it works for you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/error-1500-another-installat...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report