Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 ribbon twitching

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Soea007
4567 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor 2012 ribbon twitching

I am using Inventor 2012 Professional x64bit(on a Windows 7 x64bit system) for a week now, and I had this problem today where Inventor couldn't load entirely and the ribbon was twitching like 5 times per second, while mouse cursor indicated that inventor is still loading (and the CPU load  was all the time around 50%)

(but Fusion and autocad 2012 worked fine)

Nothing was helping(logoff, restart, resolution change, exiting all other programs) and I wanted to do a reinstall but in an act of desperation i changed the readability (windows 7, right click on desktop: personalize-> display menu)back  to 100%

It was 200% before because im using a 17'' laptop with 1900x1200 resolution (and no, resolution change didnt helped)

and kaboom it's working now!

I changed the readability to 125% and its still working 😉 so i guess it will work on 200% too

it just needed a ligth kick

im so glad that i even made an account here to write this so if anyone has the same problem he shall find this 😄

and one more thing, i didnt really know where to post it so... yeah

have a nice day

Andrew

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CadlineSupport
in reply to: Soea007

Brilliant! This just fixed the exact same problem for one of our customers. Thanks for taking the time to post this!

Message 3 of 9
Soea007

Your reply nailed my day 😉

Message 4 of 9
bigfilsing

Brillaint ..your post just saved me hours of reinstalling and messing around with display drivers and C++ runtime installs

Thanks a lot 

Worked a treat on my 2010 Inventor Pro suite 

Cheers

Message 5 of 9
Soea007
in reply to: bigfilsing

People still use Inventor?

jk 😉

Message 6 of 9
digitaligloo

I think this solved my problem on Windows 7 Pro x64 using Inventor 2014. I am going to set it back and confirm and then be sure to file this forum thread with my CER.

Message 7 of 9
Soea007

Why did CadlineSupport reply got the "Solution" status. 

My post was not a question...

Message 8 of 9
Maxim-CADman77
Message 9 of 9
Maxim-CADman77

My system text choice is 125% (used to use it for years).

Today the issue described happens to me (after installing several optional Win updates).

Switching to 100 or 150% fixes it but after returning to 125% ribbon starts to shake again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report