Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 mm ipt always opens a part (a ring)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
abdildin
504 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2012 mm ipt always opens a part (a ring)

Hello, when I open standard part file (mm ipt) in metric system in Autodesk Inventor 2012 on one of our lab computers it always opens a ring. However, default part files come as they should be - clean. System is Windows 7. I think that one of our students messed up with templates for mm part files.  I tried to play with Tools-Application Options, but could not fix the problem. Can you please give me a hint? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: abdildin

Hi abdildin,

Thanks for the report !

If the templates are messed up, I think you can copy the correct templates files from another machine then replace them in this machine. The templates folder is located at C:\User\public\documents\autodesk\inventor 2012\templates\

Hope it helps a bit !

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 7
abdildin
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi Kevin, actually I do not have admin's password to change templates or reinstall the Inventor. So, I have to find out another way to fix the problem. Thanks for quick reply.

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

A temporary fix might be to simple delete the garbage and then go to File>Save Copy as Template.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7
abdildin
in reply to: JDMather

No, it did not work. 

Message 6 of 7
coreyparks

All templates are is a part file that is set up the way you want to start parts.  I have created a dozen or so templates to start certain parts with specific geometry for the part I will be creating to save me a bit of time.  This being the case it means the part file used for the metric template was modified by someone with admin rights and then saved.  In order to fix the problem you will need to have someone with admin rights clear out the file and save.  Of course you could create a copy of all of the templates to an area you can write to and fix the metric template.  Then go in and modfy your project file to use the templates from that location instead.  Or you can simply fix the file save somwhere else and open that file and do a save as whenever you need to start with a metric template. 

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 7 of 7
abdildin
in reply to: coreyparks

Thanks everyone, admin is going to fix the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report