Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 Mate Contraint using new (select other) pull-down feature.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
cwymth
2403 Views, 22 Replies

Inventor 2012 Mate Contraint using new (select other) pull-down feature.

I like the new pull-down/select other concept, but I may have found a bug.  When I open the mate constraint dialog box, I choose (face  #1) and then choose a face on another component (face #2) using the new feature, the constraint preview shows what I want to have happen , but the "apply" button stays greyed out.  I then click cancel and the part goes back to where it was. (Operation Cancelled.)  The mate constraint will work if I rotate around and choose face #2 without the select other feature.  Is anybody else experiencing this?

IV2012

Win 7 64-bit

Thanks,

Chris

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23

I think Daniela is wrong to say it will be out in a months time! The Beta hasn't even started yet, plus if you look at the historical release dates of SP1 they are predominantly late sept/ early oct. Officially its meant to be August every year, but they push it out to fix as many problems as possible, or rather to make sure they fix the curly ones that haven't been addressed with a hotfix.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 22 of 23
neil
in reply to: cwymth

I really hope they fix this soon, the problem with applying constraints (or to be precise, NOT applying them) is very frustrating.

Message 23 of 23
charlesww
in reply to: johnsonshiue

This "New and improved" select other makes assembly angle constraints almost impossible. We need a fix soon. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report