Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 known defects. "Commercially unreasonable to fix"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Maxim-CADman77
301 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2012 known defects. "Commercially unreasonable to fix"

According to Autodesk's Subscription/Support terms and Conditions some software defects could have no solution because Autodesk consider making fix for them "commercially unreasonable".

I'd like users post such defects here so that other have not spend their time to describe known issues to tech-support. 

Dear Autodesk, please do not delete this thread (truth shouldn't hurt you, right?).

Let me start:

1. Some (quite a few) application settings reset to defaults if Inventor was closed due to inability to get network license.

Case#07889355 (11-16Dec2012).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ampster402
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

Question for you,

How would it be in Adesk's favor to repair something from a couple of years ago?

Where would they make the cash doing that?  Not from sales if people stay on older versions.

Why not just add some more bells and whistles to the growing bug list and just release a new version that they can make cash from.

Look at if from a automobile manufactures point of view...Why bother creating a car/truck/vehicle that can last forever?  Over the years cars will wear out and consumers will be forced to constantly repair their old ride or go out and buy a new car.

If something is found to be so defective that it could compromise safety, they issue a recall and fix it.  I suspect the same thing holds true for software to some degree, however it's not safety they would be concerned with, it's if the bug/issue/whatever will cost companies significant amounts of cash over time, at least I would hope so!

Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: ampster402

I prefer the lawnmower analogy - they could build a lawnmower that lasts 50 years.  But it would cost the same as a small car (I don't want to think about how much a car would cost...).  So now you have people complaining about the product costing too much, and that it doesn't include features that were thought of only a few years ago.

Reality is that fixing bugs costs money - wages, utilities, benefits.  If its not cost effective, the company goes out of business in short order.  How many businesses have we heard about going under because they are hemorrhaging money through uncontrolled costs?  How many times in our own businesses have we been told we have to get work out by the end of the week regardless of status because of the budget?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: dgorsman

Dear  and  i'd rather not discuss here why it happening. I guess the thread will be deleted.

I just want every user know exactly which defects of particular release are not worth to spend time on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report