Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

deepakr
Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

Inventor 2012 'hanging' at the splash screen

234 Views, 1 Replies
06-08-2012 03:15 AM

Hi there

We have an engineer running Inventor 2012 (Premium Suite) on a Windows 7, 64-bit machine.

He's experiencing an issue where once he starts Inventor, it doesnt proceed past the splash screen.

If I then log onto his machine, Inventor loads fine without a problem.

If this engineer then logs onto another workstation, Inventor works fine for him on that machine.

Quite boggled by this, I have searched high and low for a solution.

I have tried deleting the .cas file, no joy; this is a stand-alone installation.

I also reported this to our re-seller since we have a support agreement with them - they recommended a system restore; we felt that this was a lame reply since they didnt even ask for any log files.

They also recommended a registry 'hack' - the solution in the link below was recommended.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Crash-on-Startup-Inventor-2011/td-p/2868940

We tried this, the problem still persists.

We also created a new profile for this user, still no success.

I get a feeling that a full re-installation might be the only way forward bar a system restore.

According to our subscription support engineer, there are chances that this issue might not be resolved even with a full re-installation.

Could someone please help me out? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Dee

*Expert Elite*
Inv_kaos
Message 2 of 2 (232 Views)

Re: Inventor 2012 'hanging' at the splash screen

06-08-2012 03:55 AM in reply to: deepakr

"I get a feeling that a full re-installation might be the only way forward bar a system restore."

If you try the system restore make sure you export your licence first but it could do more harm than good. Sounds like it is a problem with the user account, you could create a new account to test it but i would think a clean install would be the better solution.

Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Inventor Professional 2013, Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013
Windows 7 x64 Core i7 32GB Ram FX2000
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.