Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 - Export to DWG issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ChipR
1079 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2012 - Export to DWG issue

Hey all...

I'm having an issue with exporting an Inventor 2012 .idw to AutoCAD DWG.

I am trying to export a multi-sheet drawing to AutoCAD 2007 using the Model Space - Full Scale option.

IT seems like no matter what I try, it will only export the geometry from the first sheet. It creates the other 2 .dwg files (Sheet 2 and 3) but they are empty.

The drawing set is comprised of a large plan view on sheet 1 and then a bunch of section views, originally cut on sheet 1 and then moved to the other sheets.

I tried using the other options "Sheet Scale - Model Space" which left me with some odd scale factor on the section views (completely different from the scale on the drawing) so, I can't use that...

And "Base View Scale - Model Space" or "Layout" give me the same result as the 1:1 scale option... all 3 files, but 2 and 3 are empty.

I tried .dxf and other AutoCAD versions with no change.

Anyone have any ideas?

Is my workflow flawed... or is it something else?

I doubt I can upload any of the data... the files are really big.

Thanks,

Chip R.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeffrey.sun
in reply to: ChipR

Hello Chip,

I believe your workflow is correct.

Is this issue file-specific? Or all the idw files with multi-sheets can't be exported correctly on your build? Please have a try to update all sheets prior to exporting.

If possilbe, could you send me your dataset by mail or upload it to a FTP server where I can access. I can make further investigation to it.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Sun
SW Engineer
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
ChipR
in reply to: jeffrey.sun

Jeffrey,

Thanks for responding...

I played with a couple other models and got some different results...

A 2-sheet .idw kind of worked... I got sheet 1, except it left out the base view, and sheet 2 was correct with the only view from that sheet.

But another 3-sheet idw with a much less complex model performed similar to the original problem where only 1 view from one of the sheets actually appeared, even though all 3 sheet dwg files were generated. This dataset I can probably send if you want...

I did a 7-zip to get it down to about 8Mb... I could also split it up further if necessary.

Message 4 of 6
jeffrey.sun

Hi Chip,

I can't reproduce it on my build. I need your dataset to do the further investigation.

Thank you very much!

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Sun
SW Engineer
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
rcriceus
in reply to: jeffrey.sun

I have parallel issue. I have an Inventor part that I exported to a DWG for inclusion in a building layout that we have someone doing for us. The exported DWG is of the side view, not the top down view. How do I change this?

Message 6 of 6
swhite

Hey Chip, have you tried the save copy as... and selecting DWG instead of export? Or did you mean DWF?

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report