Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 drawing views show different parts

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
754 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2012 drawing views show different parts

I am working with a medium-large assembly drawing in Inventor 2012.  Of the five views showing a particular item two show it correctly and the other three show a shorter version of the same part which has a different part number, the BOM shows the correct part number.  I have attached a screen capture of the end view which shows the item incorrectly and another detail view on the same drawing referencing the same model in the same view rep with the item shown correctly. The assembly, of which there is also a screen capture, shows only the correct longer part.  When the view reps are changed from master to a locked work representation the views momentarily change to show the correct part and then return to show the incorrect part.  I have been working in inventor for 9 years and I have never seen this issue.  Thanks

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
t_hutns
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Is it possible for you to provide your assembly, part and drawing documents so we can take a look at this?

Thank you

Stanislav Hutnan

Inventor Development

Autodesk

Message 3 of 6
mdavis22569
in reply to: t_hutns

are these views part of a section or has the view representation changed? Maybe all turn on the tangent and interference lines ..see if this resets the view. (no saying its the right way to fix it, but something to try)

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Stanislav,

Thank you for replying, by what method would you like me to send these files?  The assembly has more than 120 individual parts and the package is better than 37 Mb. 

Thanks

Troy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

Stanislav and Michael,

I see absolutely no reason why turning tangent lines and interference edges on or off, in some cases they were already on, would affect which part a drawing will display but  for whatever reason it worked.  As an engineer it drives me crazy to not be able to draw a line between cause and effect but the the job is done.

Thank you both for your replies.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: t_hutns

I've noticed the same issues when dealing with large assemblies. 

The issues I believe lay with the video card ram.

After I turn everything that the computer doesn't need to be displaying -emails, web pages etc and even the model itself. The drawings tend to behave themselves better. 

A fellow colleague pretty much uses a gaming computer and his perform similar tasks better. I have to turn all unrequired visual things off. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report