Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 Drawing Origin and Plot Settings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
babijay43
447 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2012 Drawing Origin and Plot Settings

Hello all,

-I am creating a drawing template in Inventor 2012 and have different line weights for different features in the drawing.  Is there a way to keep those line weights different, but have the printer print a single line weight?

-Additionally, when creating a border for the sheet the origin of the sheet is always placed in the bottom left corner of the manilla/yellow sheet.  I can dimension my border a distance from the sheet edges.  Is there a way to move the origin to a specified location?

Thanks for the help

Candace

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: babijay43

@babijay43 wrote:

Hello all,

-I am creating a drawing template in Inventor 2012 and have different line weights for different features in the drawing.  Is there a way to keep those line weights different, but have the printer print a single line weight?

Thanks for the help

Candace

In the print dialog there is a checkbox to "remove object line weights"

Not sure about the border.. I just used the out of the box border and haven't messed with drawing templates in years.. But I did create my own titleblock..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
JDMather

@babijay43 wrote:

...  Is there a way to move the origin to a specified location?

Candace

Attach your file here so that someone can take a look.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 8
babijay43
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for the reply.  I've found the "Remove Line Weight" option in the printer dialog box, but wanted to know if there was a way to set the uniform line weight before printing.  Is there a way to do that without this property being applied to all documents printed outside of Inventor?

Message 5 of 8
babijay43
in reply to: JDMather

Attached is a screenshot of the border being edited where you can see the sheet origin in the bottom left corner.  I need to move it 1/4" in and up from its current location because when I import a drawing from an AutoCAD/Mechanical Desktop file the border snaps to the inventor corner instead of centering on the sheet.  A sample file is also attached.  Does anyone have an idea of how to either move the inventor sheet origin or have imported borders automatically center on the Inventor sheet?

Thanks,

Candace

Message 6 of 8
babijay43
in reply to: JDMather

I've attached the file and screenshot below. Thank you for the help.
Message 7 of 8
mcgyvr

@babijay43 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I've found the "Remove Line Weight" option in the printer dialog box, but wanted to know if there was a way to set the uniform line weight before printing.  Is there a way to do that without this property being applied to all documents printed outside of Inventor?

Just set them up all the same line weights and don't worry about it..

If you are always turning them off for printing then don't even set them up..

The intent of line weights is to make it easier for someone interpreting the drawing to differentiate between lines when reading a printed drawing or pdf of it..

Its not really to aid the drafter who is creating the drawing (but it can help I guess)

I'm not aware of another way to force removing line weights other than at printing time..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 8
babijay43
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for the help with my last post.  Is anyone familiar with the Inventor 2012 import capabilities?  If so, I am looking for some help with figuring out:

-How to get windows file properties to import into iproperties? I've imported CAD files with Windows Summary info entered (such as the Title) of the file, but when I open the imported part file in Inventor its 'Title' field remains blank.  Does anyone have an idea of where the file properties information is stored after import?

-How to get Inventor to import all drawing files associated with parts and subassemblies within an imported assembly file?  When I import the main assembly, all subassemblies and parts are imported from AutoCAD/Mechanical Desktop.  However only the drawings for the subassemblies of the main file are created (excluding drawings tied to parts within the subassemblies).  My config setup is attached.  Do you have any advice on how to remedy this without having to use the task scheduler to import each file associated with my main assembly?

Thanks again for the help,

Candace

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report