Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 - Confused with angles.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
linelineline
384 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2012 - Confused with angles.

Hi All,

I apologies in advance if I am asking stupid question but I am new to Inventor and I am confused about why I get different values of the same angle when I measure between two lines and between two surfaces? Please see attached angles.png.

angles.png

What I try to accomplish is as shown on detail.JPG

detail.JPG

but inventor 2012 do not let me constrain it properly(See the red oval that shows the problem) and seems like it thinks it is impossible. I just wonder if it is actually possible this and how should I constrain it with Inventor.

I have attached also the part and the assembly part and thanks in advance for your help.

Br, lien

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: linelineline

The answer to your first question about the difference in angle measurement is made clear by looking at the front ortho view of the part as you measure the angle.  The two measurements are not made in the same plane.  See the image: the red line is where the line-to-line measurement is made, and the blue line is the face-to-face measurement.

Angle Measure.png

I will take a look at the assembly for your second question.

Message 3 of 5
JDMather

Inventor is not confused.
I use a similar example of a crane frame in my class to demonstrate the true confusion.

First thing I noticed is that your Sketch1 is not constrained.  You might start here http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf  Make use of obvious symmetry.

Second thing I noticed is you are doing too much work - this is a simple problem.

Post back your next attempt and I will walk you through the solution if you haven't figured it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
linelineline
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks both,

Now is clear with the angles. Mr. Mather I have seen your tips and they are very useful.

I will try to follow your tips. I know the part seems overcomplecated but I have tried 5 different ways of doing it and never could make it work.

Br,

lien

Message 5 of 5
linelineline

Just for the record...

I was able to fix the problem. Thanks for your help. I followed the recommended tips. Also I understood what the problem was but not why this was a problem. If you see the picture bellow...

mate.jpg

After I removed the mate constrain shown on the picture above I was able to constrain as shown bellow

ok.JPG

Thanks again for your help and br,

lien

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report