Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 / windows 8 - Compatibility

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
aaron
3839 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2011 / windows 8 - Compatibility

Without writing a novel... I ran 2011 on windows 7 for some time. Windows 7 has become corrupt so I purchased an uprade to windows 8 and cannot get inventor to run. Any advice? Im hobbling on 1 leg without my CAD program. Spent the entire day yesterday trying to get matters resolved, still no solution. 812.630.9010. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: aaron

windows 8 is not even supported with inventor 2013

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19048377&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
stephengibson76
in reply to: DarrenP

im running windows 8 and inventor 2013 no problems on a tablet...  Windows 8 beta or test or whatever it was called needed some .net stuff uninstalling before you could install inventor but the final build had no problems.

You might find something useful in this post

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Windows-8-and-Inventor-2012/m-p/3362865/highlight/tr...

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 4 of 8
aaron

I inserted in disc 1 of inventor andf then it downloaded some .net stuff. Inventor opened and worked fine. Trying to get it to work consistently is another story. Still working on it. 

Message 5 of 8
DarrenP

i know the vault 2013 client doesn't work with windows 8

i haven't found a work around for that

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
JAbeid

I don't know if this will help, but I had a similar issue where I had to purchase a Windows 8 system while starting a job for a new company.  After several days of attempting installation by means of internet download (to no avail), I contacted an AutoCAD distributor.  They were able to send me a hard copy of the trial software to test (Autodesk will not send hard copy of trial software to consumers).  I installed the 2013 Product Design Suite Premium trial seemlessly.  I have been running it for almost 3 weeks and it appears to operate very well.  I have only noticed two glitches.  The first one is very minor and pertains to applying material properties in Inventor.  The system will sometimes slow down, and even lock up.  In all honesty though, I've experienced this several times before on compatible versions of the software.  I don't think this is a Windows 8 specific issue.  The bigger of the two issues is vault.  I cannot get vault to operate yet.  If you can operate without vault, you should be just fine.  It appears to me, the compatibility issues are more centered around the internet download manager rather than the software itself.  Good luck!!

Message 7 of 8
GrooveM

Were you refering to Inventor 11 or another version? I am currently running XP Pro and in order to increase my ram I need to upgrade to Windows 7 or 8. 8 is less expensive so if there's a way to make it work I would prefer to go to 8. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Message 8 of 8
blair
in reply to: GrooveM

Autodesk supports the last three issues and at some point will have SP's/Hot-Fixes out for the new O/S. If you keep an eye on the lower RH portion of this Discussions Forum, there is a link to "Windows 8 Support".

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report