Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 SLOW

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Christian_1976
1622 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2011 SLOW

Goodmorning.

This is a complain about the release 2011 of inventor.

Only two weeks ago with the 2010 version i was able to use ALL my assemblies.

Now is extremely SLOW no matter how i setup my video options and so on.

Why?

Best regards
Filippi Christian

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Christian_1976

Need a lot more information.. Like computer specs (including graphics card/driver/os/RAM,etc...). Also what is yoru settings for tools..application options..hardware tab

and a better description of "slow" and "i was able to use ALL my assemblies"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8

If a thing works before, must run also after. So the hardware is not the problem.

keep it simple.

The problem is "compatibility mode" in the video mode.

I avoid that because they ever ask me to use "certified drivers blabla..." and now i must setup compatibility mode...

I guess why to hide an important info like this.

btw, now is fine.

Message 4 of 8
mcgyvr

Don't come here asking for help when you aren't willing to provide the information necessary to help us better understand your issue...

Good luck in the future... Have a nice day

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 8

I was blaming a lot of problems with speed on Inventor, turns out one of my project folder paths was pointing to the wrong location. Once that was fixed it went to being as fast as 2010 was. So, it could be something you simply over looked.

Message 6 of 8

Smiley Wink

As i said, was the wrong video option setting.
Autodesk push so hard from the first release to use certified drivers (bla bla bla...) and now the best is using the "compatibility" mode (wathever it means)
As usual every new release comes with a lot of troubles that make us lost a lot of time, only because they like to show us that "Attention! There are 2 new icons! 2 new features! Woooo!!!" and forgot to tell so important things like this
(I know for sure that a lot of people had my same trouble)
I avoided to post my hw settings because i'm really tired to listen people that are convinced that you can't draw and work with a pc of the last year. 

Message 7 of 8
mcgyvr

I guess I'm not understanding your sentences...

Compatibility mode is NOT the best. "quality" is the best if your graphics card supports it.. Of course I have no idea since you didn't post that information.

Message 8 of 8

I found my answer here:

http://www.inventor-certified.com/graphics/

8<---

Direct3D Support
Inventor 2011 includes a new graphics pipeline which is graphics shader program based. Not all WHQL certified Direct3D graphics drivers are completely trouble free in this environment. If you encounter problems in Inventor 2011, switching to the Compatibility choice, which uses the legacy Inventor graphics pipeline, should work fine with Microsoft WHQL certified Direct3D graphics drivers.

8<---

Smiley Happy

now all works fine, but i was really upset.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report