Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor 2011 sketch constraints

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jacob.gondek
3292 Views, 8 Replies

inventor 2011 sketch constraints

how to I get my center point to show up as a dot as it did in inventor 2010 so I can use it as a point to constrain sketches to?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ampster402
in reply to: jacob.gondek

Application Options > Sketch tab > check the box next to "Autoproject part origin on sketch create"

HTH

Message 3 of 9
jacob.gondek
in reply to: ampster402

I have that checked. I also have a check on coordinate system indicator which gives me the x,y,z from the center point but I am unable to use it as a constraint for my sketches. What I am trying to do is constrain a box so the center point is in the center. I use to be able to use the horizontal constraint and select the midpoint of my horizontal line and then select the center point with inventor 2010.

Message 4 of 9
JDMather

Sounds like you have accidently turned off Constraint Persistance (looks similar to Perpendicular Constrainti icon).

Is the origin projected - you just can't select it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
jacob.gondek
in reply to: JDMather

No it is not projected, I just have the x,y,z icon in the center of the screen with the axis lines intersecting at that point as well. I have tried making it visible under the origin drop down menu. I then get a little round yellow circle that I can click on but I still can't do a horizontal or vertical constraint to it. I do have the constraint percistance, constraint inference and persistent dimensions turned on.

Message 6 of 9
JDMather

What happens if you start a new file?
What happens if you Project Geometry?
Have you changed any of you Constraint Options?

I would turn off the Coordinate system indicator under Sketch.
You can show it under Display (not obscuring the origin).
You might refer to the Application Options settings in this document

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
jacob.gondek

Perfect that was it. Project geometry and selecting center point made it appear and be usable! Thanks a ton!!

Message 8 of 9
JDMather

Inventor should automatically project the origin center point from here on out - if it doesn't post back till the problem is solved.

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
DanielKerby

Fixed it!!

Heres the Answer to the question.

Open New templete .

Project the Center Point by selecting the Project Icon then in the Browser select the Center Point. 

Select Save Copy as Templete and over ride the cerent templete with the new and imporved. close the cerent Templete with out saving.

Reopen and off you go.

BOOM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report