Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 - purchasing Laptop question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gmasters
196 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2011 - purchasing Laptop question

I own Inventor 2011. My laptop was recently stolen. I am a contractor and cannot afford to upgrade my current seat of Inventor. I already tried to load Inventor on a Windows 8.1 Machine and have given up after spending many hours trying to get it to run.  I am trying to find an affordable Windows 7 machine that can adequately run this version. There are limited options available. 

I have an opportunity to purchase a Dell Latitude. Here are the specifications. Can someone shed some light for me if this machine will adequately run Inventor 2011? I am mostly worried about the video card. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

The Specs are:.

3.0 GHz ( up to 3.7 GHz with Turbo)

3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3540M Dual Processor

- 8GB DDR3 Memory

- 320GB SATA Hard Drive

DVD Burner (Burn DVD's and CD's)

- 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) Wide View Anti-Glare LED Backlit  Display

- NO WEBCAM

- Intel HD 4000 AND Nvidia NVS 5200M 1GB Video

- Standard Keyboard

- Internal Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Wireless Adapter Installed

- Dell Wireless 380 Bluetooth 4.0 

- AC Adapter (Power Cord) Included

- 9-Cell 97Whr Lithium Ion Battery

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional - loaded and drivers installed by the manufacturer.  No disks included.. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mslosar
in reply to: gmasters

The video card is the weakpoint, that's for sure. However, i'd imagine it depends on the level of assemblies you'll be working with. If they aren't huge and lean towards the smaller side, you're likely to be OK.

If, on the other hand, you typically have assemblies with a few hundred unique parts and 2000 instances, it won't work too well.

Message 3 of 4
gmasters

That was my guess as well. Hard to find a laptop with Windows 7 and a robust Video Card. 

Message 4 of 4
blair

A good gamming lap-top should suffice. I agree with you all now come with Win 8.1. There is nothing stopping you from using your old Win7 O/S disc and formatting the HD with Win7 or going with a dual boot system. Win7 and Win 8.1. If you aren't familiar with this, any good tech shop will do it for you.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report