Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 Crashes AMD Display Driver

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2086 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor 2011 Crashes AMD Display Driver

Hello, I have just started using Inventor again since I installed it several months and it is having a problem that is making it totally unusable. The problem is that when I start Inventor the icons at the top and the minimize/maximize buttons are not as they should be, as seen in the pictures, and then everything freezes. The screen will go all black or grey and then it will go back to normal with an error message that says "Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and successfully recovered.". In the event viewer there is also a log for this event that says "Display driver amdkmpdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.". I would really appreciate any help with this problem! I have already used the repair and reinstall options in the Inventer uninstall wizard and neither of them helped.

Here are my computer's specs:

Windows 7 64-bit
ATI  Radeon HD 5770

Graphics card driver: Catalyst 10.12

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

IF you have followed the install instructions to a "T" here:

http://teknigroup.com/support/InstallAdsksoftware.html

and your system still blacks out/crashes, then I would completely uninstall, reboot and reinstall the latest ATI driver. I have 4 new Win 7 systems with ATI Imbedded graphics running on Win 7.

Message 3 of 10
DarrenP

that is definetly a driver or harware issue

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 10
jasoniht

i'm experienceing the same issue, Had autocad 2011 up and running fine, installed latest ati drivers and inventor and now inventor and autocad crash the display driver continuously.  Thanks AMD

Message 5 of 10
jasoniht
in reply to: jasoniht

uninstalled 10.12 catalyst rolled back to 10.11 and everything seems to be working fine.  Now they just posted 11.1.   Hmm should i roll the dice with that one?

Message 6 of 10
DarrenP

if it doesn't work you can always roll back to the previous version just like before

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 7 of 10
jasoniht

I will have to rollback again as 11.1 has the same crash behavior.

Message 8 of 10
DarrenP

another reason to hate ati/amd cards

DarrenP

Message 9 of 10
brian.cranston

Wouldn't blame it all on AMD.  I have 15 identical Dell T3500's with a Quadro FX3800.  One of them is doing the same thing as yours. 

Message 10 of 10
SBix26

I have a Radeon 5670 on my home system (Win7 64-bit), and no problems like this.   I realize that it doesn't resolve your problem, but perhaps assures you that this system is capable of running Inventor.  I do not recall which driver version I have, but I installed a new one (the latest and greatest at the time) fairly recently, perhaps during the Christmas holiday.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report