Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2010 won't open

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sbelbeck
1004 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2010 won't open

I am running windows 7 64 bit and my computer has been running Inventor 2010 perfect then yesterday Windows 7 SP1 got loaded and now my inventor wont open or Autocad Mechanical 2010 even after uninstalling and reinstalling Inventor.  No errors to go buy nothing.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: sbelbeck

try taking off sp1 for windows 7

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
karl

thanks for the heads up. For the record, I am using Win7 64bit (version 6.1 build 7600) with IV2010 and it seems to be working quite well. no Service pack from what I can see.

--------
IV2010 64bit SP1
Intel Core i7 870 @2.93GHz
Windows 7 64bit Home Prem. with 8Gb RAM
nVidia geForce GTS 250
Message 4 of 8
sbelbeck
in reply to: DarrenP

Did that and no joy if I could get an error it would be somthing. 

Message 5 of 8
sbelbeck
in reply to: karl

I usally test out the service packs and updates before I let it go into the wild but this one got by me. 

Message 6 of 8
stardaly

Did you ever get an answer to non-opening Inventor?  I am having the same problem and can't find an answer.

I am using Autodesk Inventor 2010 x64, Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1, w/ service pack 1

The problem sounds the same, one day it works, next day nothing, and no error message to go by.  This has haoppened three times in two month.  An IT pro helped me the last two times, but when I asked to be shown how to fix it I was told it wouldn't happen again.  Well, here I am again...

Message 7 of 8
sbelbeck
in reply to: stardaly

Yes I did figure it out, there can be two problems causing it. If you can log on to that computer as someone else and it works you need to replace the following folder with one that works. On a windows 7 64 bit OS that works go to ( C:\Users\user name\Local\App Data\Autodesk\ Now under Autodesk you want to copy the folder Inventor 2010 Now go to the profile of the other user ( C:\Users\other use rname\Local\App Data\Autodesk\ Now rename the (Inventor 2010) folder like so (Inventor 2010__) with a couple of underscores behind it now paste the good Inventor 2010 folder in here. It should work now. The second problem could be the (CascadeInfo.cas) file has gotten corrupted , so in that case you simply go to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ADLM and delete the CacadeInfo.cas file then try to run inventor.
Message 8 of 8
kstate92

I remember having to delete the cascade file once in the past to get Autodesk software to run again, but can't recall if it was due to SP1 being installed.  Just had to do it once, IIRC.

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report