Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2010 with Vault 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DonovanCox
218 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2010 with Vault 2012

I need to run Inventor 2010 and stay in 2010, but my vault is 2012. Any chance Autodesk could make a 2012  plugin for Inventor2010 like AutoCAD 2010 has?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: DonovanCox

Autodesk only supports one version back. It's been that way for years. Why is there a need for this?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 4
DonovanCox
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

I'm working with a client who's asking for their deliverables to be in 2010.  Not to mention 2010 conent center is supported in the 2012 vault, I rather miss being able to version the files as I'm working on them, and of course the rename function would be handy for when i've been lazy and unimaginative with the part names as I created them. 

Here's proof they're supporting more then 1 release back. 

AutoCAD 2010 plugin for Vault 2012

Message 4 of 4
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: DonovanCox

I'd do the job as a non-vault project. You can still use the ADMS for content center components.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report