Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2010 versus 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KevinPinks7697
520 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2010 versus 2012

Hey guys, I am still running Inventor 2010 but have the ability to upgrade to 2012. Is it worth it? Is there much new in Invemtor 2012? Does it run smoothly or are there still bugs with it? I mainly do sheetmetal, cabling and machine shop drawings.

Thx

Kev

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jdits7
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

You can check out my blog to find out what's new in 2011 and in 2012. 2011 has a downloadable pdf document but 2012 in put into a 4-part post within my blog.

http://inventortopix.blogspot.com/p/whats-new-docs.html

jdits7
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Blog - http://www.inventortopix.com
Twitter - @InventorTopixJD
Message 3 of 4

It really depends on if there are any new changes that will increase your productivity. Bug wise it is a typical RTM. It needs a couple service packs.
sam_m
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

before thinking of upgrading from 2010 just check your hardware...  There's quite a jump in system demand between 2010 and 2011 and I think a lot of people were caught-out thinking the same system would run at a similar speed.

Ideally you want to be on Win 7 64bit with at least 8Gb ram and a decent DirectX graphics card (GeForce GTX 260 or quicker).  Get that sorted first and then plan the move 😉

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report