Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2010 Suite stopped working

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
davidhbedford
387 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2010 Suite stopped working

I'm running inventor 2010 suite on windows 7 64 bit. Everything worked fine then it just stopped working, if open autocad or inventor the page opens then closes with no error codes. The license transfer won't open either.
Have unistalled and deleted the files on C drive and Key reg and reinstalled still the same. Anyone got any ideas what to do now.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: davidhbedford

check out some other posts on corrupt user profiles etc.

-mark.
best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 4

I have had the same experience. It started with any of the 2010 programs taking 45 mins to open. A defrag solved this, but now nothing the 2010 suite will open. Oddly my 2009 still works, but that's no help. (Vista 64bit).

If you have had any other ideas please share them. I am about to put in a new drive, load Windows 7 and try again. 

Message 4 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: davidhbedford

Does it work for other accounts on the same computer?  This has happened a couple of times to me or a colleague, and in each case it was a corrupt file: once in the user profile, the other in the network licensing data.  The latter is very easy to fix and costs nothing to try, if you're using a network license: delete C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ADLM\CascadeInfo.cas.  The system will re-create it on the next start.  This is described in the Autodesk Knowledge Base at http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14908069 (even though the article refers only to AutoCAD, this applies to Inventor as well).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report