Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2010, How can I change environment colors?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
divingdoug
728 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2010, How can I change environment colors?

Trying to get colors that are not some combination of psychedelic yet still be able to see the geometry colors. 

Is there ANY way to deviate from the built in Color schemes on the Colors tab in Applications Options?

The combinations provided are either bizzare or mask the the colors that are apparently fixed for some of the different types of geometry.  For instance, construction geometry is hardly visible in Winter Day but other geometries, origins, points, etc. dissapear in other collor schemes.

SW lets me control the color of everything on my system.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ampster402
in reply to: divingdoug

look in your SDK folder and install the User tools.

Message 3 of 4

Hi divingdoug,

In addition to the color scheme editor that ampster mentioned, here is a link explaining  how I typically adjust the background color to work with one of the preset color schemes::

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2012/09/inventor-background-color-as-white.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 4
divingdoug
in reply to: ampster402

on Ampster's option

That's kind of a pain to use though it does what I need.  It didn't actually install with the user tools but I can run the little exe file and use it independently (thus the pain part, better to be available inside IV)

Not sure why AD felt the need to make that kind of tool then not include it in the base package,  then hide it and finally not support it.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report