Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
divingdoug
Message 1 of 4 (456 Views)
Accepted Solution

Inventor 2010, How can I change environment colors?

456 Views, 3 Replies
02-13-2013 10:30 AM

Trying to get colors that are not some combination of psychedelic yet still be able to see the geometry colors. 

Is there ANY way to deviate from the built in Color schemes on the Colors tab in Applications Options?

The combinations provided are either bizzare or mask the the colors that are apparently fixed for some of the different types of geometry.  For instance, construction geometry is hardly visible in Winter Day but other geometries, origins, points, etc. dissapear in other collor schemes.

SW lets me control the color of everything on my system.

look in your SDK folder and install the User tools.

*Pro
ampster
Message 2 of 4 (451 Views)

Re: Inventor 2010, How can I change environment colors?

02-13-2013 11:12 AM in reply to: divingdoug

look in your SDK folder and install the User tools.

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 3 of 4 (444 Views)

02-13-2013 11:27 AM in reply to: divingdoug

Hi divingdoug,

In addition to the color scheme editor that ampster mentioned, here is a link explaining  how I typically adjust the background color to work with one of the preset color schemes::

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2012/09/inventor-background-color-as-white.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Valued Contributor
divingdoug
Message 4 of 4 (442 Views)

02-13-2013 11:29 AM in reply to: ampster

on Ampster's option

That's kind of a pain to use though it does what I need.  It didn't actually install with the user tools but I can run the little exe file and use it independently (thus the pain part, better to be available inside IV)

Not sure why AD felt the need to make that kind of tool then not include it in the base package,  then hide it and finally not support it.

Thanks

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.