Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2009 unable to open stp file

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
PeterPersico6036
616 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor 2009 unable to open stp file

Using Inventor 2009. For some reason (all of a sudden) it will not open a step file. When I go to search for the file I would always use the file drop down an there would be a lengthy list of options. For some reason now it will only list the basic native formats... part, assembly etc. Does anyone know how I can get these back?

Thanks.

Pete

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi!

CHeck if the translator is loaded:

4.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 12

absolutely nothing happens when I select add ins from the main menu bar???
Message 4 of 12
Cadmanto
in reply to: PeterPersico6036

Peter,

Are you saying that your list of file types is truncated to only Inventor type of files?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: Cadmanto

Have you tried to restart Inventor?

Have you restarted your computer?

Have you installed any updates or new programs,etc.. since it was working?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 12

Yes that is what I am experiencing. Attached is what I get as options. (not sure how to add a screen cap). Anyway I used to have an extended drop down list that included ALL types of translated formats. I hardly use the system...it was working fine...I don't know what might have changed or got deleted?

Message 7 of 12

Really need help with this one. I need to be able to open translated files. None of the solutions so far have worked. Can anyone tell me how to make it work again?
Message 8 of 12
Cadmanto

I am not sure why your Inventor is only recognizing only Inventor files.  Part of me wants to say that your PC is not set properly.  Meaning if you were to go to windows explorer and look at the properties of these stp files, Inventor is not one of the desired programs to open them with.  With that said, what happens if you do go into windows explorer, RC on these stp files and select "Open With" and choose Inventor.

See if that gives you any possitive results.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 9 of 12
blair
in reply to: Cadmanto

Try logging in as a different user, preferable one with Admin Privileges and see if the Add-in load and the screen appears.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 12

I never did get to the fix for this issue.

I have since found that I cannot access the add in manager.

I get the following error....

Could Not Process AddIns.

Check if you have the compatible Comcat.dll from Microsoft (NOT Version 5.0).

See Microsoft's Knowledge Base on 'Mismatched Ole32.dll and Comcat.dll'

So it must be something to do with my compatibility with windows.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete

Message 11 of 12

can you step it into autocad?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
blair

What "Compatibility with Windows", what O/S are you running?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report