Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2009 - PDF creation Problems

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
PhilSaw
455 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2009 - PDF creation Problems

Hi,

Yesterday I took a look on here for similar issues with regards to the print quality of Inventor generated pdf's, but everyone seemed to have differing issues!

Basically, when I create a pdf through the "Save Copy As" drop down the output looks fine on screen, but when I produce a paper copy print, the border text goes faint and unreadable.

I've played around with resolutions and line weights but to no avail.

Does anyone know of a hotfix or service pack that could be applied to remedy this?

Or even an alternative method or process that I haven't thought of?

The constraints are that I am using a company installed Inventor Suite 2009 version on a 64 bit company PC.

Having spoken to our IT dept, they say that we don't have a 64 bit Primo PDF either.

Thanks

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012
Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
Intel(R) Core(TM i7-2600 CPU, Quadro 2000 graphics card, 8G RAM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Daniela_Koloszko
in reply to: PhilSaw

The Print Preview should show what Inventor is sending to the printer or plotter so if the problem doesn't show there it is usually a printer issue. Inventor, unlike AutoCAD, does not have any printer drivers and is reliant on the print drivers for the printer (or pdf) from the system/network. Assuming that the preview is right, my suggestion would be to see if there are any updated print drivers available on the manufacturer WEB site and if the printer settings are correct.
Also you can try to print the document with some third party PDF driver like http://www.cutepdf.com/ and see if this makes difference.

Daniela Koloszko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report