Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2009 On New Window 7 Pro

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
EABell
384 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2009 On New Window 7 Pro

My 5 year old Dell Precision M6700 is getting long in hte tooth. The computer owes me nothig and I have for a while been coniderijng buying a new machine. Here is what I am considering: Dell Precision M3800 Intel® Core™ i7-4702HQ Processor (Quad Core 2.20GHz, 3.2GHz Turbo, 6MB 37W, w/HD Graphics 4600) edit Operating System Windows 8.1 Professional, 64-bit English edit Office Productivity Software Microsoft® Office Professional 2013, English, French and Spanish edit Digitally Delivered Software None edit Memory 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 edit LED Display 15.6" UltraSharp™ FHD Touch(1920x1080) Wide View LED-backlit with Premium Panel Guarantee edit Video Card Nvidia® Quadro® K1100M, w/ 2GB GDDR5 edit Hard Drive 500GB 2.5” Solid State Hybrid Drive edit Additional Hard Drive No Additional Hard Drive edit Wireless Card Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth 4.0 edit keyboard Keyboard US edit Primary Battery 6-cell, 61Whr primary battery edit Adobe Photo and Productivity Software None edit Dell Backup and Recovery Dell Backup and Recovery Basic edit Protect your new PC No Security Software edit I know Autodesk no longer supports Inventor 2009, buy will Inventor 2009 run on this Windows 7 Professional computer? If so should I install the 64Bit version and also will the 64 Bit version open up previous models and drawings created in the 32 Bit version? Any and all comments will be appreciagted. Ed
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: EABell

IV2009 was not officially support on Win7. You would need to install Vista to get it to work properly. Some users got it installed but had issues with projected/linked geometry and such. Others had issues with CC.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
EABell
in reply to: blair

Thank you.

Edward A. Bell

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report