Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 12 White is not white

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1555 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor 12 White is not white

I'm now using the Inventor 12  and have uses with the material colors.  White plastic is not white.

It is very gray. I've tried to modify it in Styles editor to no avail. see sample pic.

Anyone else seeing this with ver. 12?

Any suggstion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

soniq

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
AlisonDavis
in reply to: Anonymous

Is your Visual Style set to Shaded?  If so you might try reducing the Shininess using the color style editor.  Changing the Emissive value will affect the color too.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, but yes, under Visual Styles the Shaded option is selected.

Do you use ver 12?  Are your whites - white?

Thanks,

Darwin

Message 4 of 10
AlisonDavis

Hi Darwin,

It depends on the lighting, the shininess and the orientation of the part.  Did you try adjusting the color as previously described?

Regards,

Alison

Message 5 of 10
sam_m
in reply to: AlisonDavis

isn't an emissive colour a colour (light) that's given off by the material - ie emitted...  e.g. a red LED will have a red emissive when on.  As such, changing the emissive to white is wrong as the part isn't giving off any light.  In the same regard a lot of the shiny default colours are wrong as a shiny metal (no matter how much it's polished) gives off light - all their emissive values should be zero but some aren't.  (should have been set to zero when Studio was added to Inventor as it can cause wrong-looking renders with glowing metal pieces.)

tbh, I think you need the white to be slightly grey as it is showing some shadow on its surface - if it was solid white with no shading it would be v difficult to see any shape definition.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Soniq

Like Allison said its in the styles editor, compare Porcelain to Plastic (White), Porcelain has grey as Emissive, Plastic (White) has black, try a color between black and grey, I think you will find the color to your liking.

Thaddeus

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: AlisonDavis

Yes,

I've spent a lot of time trying to adjust the shininess and ambient colors.

I never had this problem with Ver. 10.

I wonder why this is now so difficult with Ver 12?

Anyone else with Version 12 having this same issue?

Thanks,

soniq

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I have been battling with this issue for some time but may have found a solution - I changed the colour style to 'White (flat)' in the Occurence tab of the objects iProperties

Have attached a screenshot showing a damper with white Acetal gears and bearings with all other parts in Aluminium.

Before the change they displayed as grey.

Message 9 of 10
ampster401

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes,

I've spent a lot of time trying to adjust the shininess and ambient colors.

I never had this problem with Ver. 10.

I wonder why this is now so difficult with Ver 12?

Anyone else with Version 12 having this same issue?

Version "12" or 2012?  There's a difference...

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ampster401

I am having the same problem in Inventor 2013. And I have lost the prompt box when opening a model.

The preview shows white but not the model. Not good for show and tell.

Any other ideas would be appriciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report