Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 12 unstable and unusable for larger Assemblies, help

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
RoyRR
605 Views, 18 Replies

Inventor 12 unstable and unusable for larger Assemblies, help

Hi. For a long time I was lurking on this forum but now i need help because I can't even use the program any longer. When I started adding details to my parts and assembly the computer is terribly slow- and I mean 30sec of 'un-responding' status every time I zoom in or change view. I am running this on i7 3770k, gtx 780, 16gig of ram and a ssd. Program never uses more than 2 gig of ram and 13% of cpu (I believe it cannot use more than one core) Wait time I can cope with but now features started to disappear on the parts. consistent glitching of certain portions of parts - i.e. I have two separate splits each with its own thicken and sketch, both display when editing the part yet one disappears when i click 'finish edit' but when highlighted its there... I tried re-creating the feature with different dimension and slightly off-set and same problem, but i can create other features and some stay... some vanish more problems come when i try selecting edges or surfaces for constrains... i cant select them, no matter what view and what angle... is this normal?
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
RoyRR
in reply to: RoyRR

sorry about formatting- apparently you cannot add line breaks 😕
Message 3 of 19
blair

O/S?

Do you mean Inventor 12 or Inventor 2012?

Are you current on all SP's and Hotfixes?

Did you follow all the pre-requisites to install Inventor

1.) Logged in with Admin Priv

2.) UAC slider set to it lowest position

3.) Depending on software, you may need to stop/disable your A/V software

Are you current with the Microsoft Certified graphics card driver for your hardware.

Is it possible to post a screen capture of what you are working on.

Have you tried changing the settings in the Applications>Hardware>Graphics (Performance, Quality, Compatibility)

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 19
RoyRR
in reply to: blair

Win 7 64 bit yes 2012 and yes 1-always 2-UAC disabled 3-nothing else is running MS drivers have nothing to do with nvidia card but yes drivers are up to date tried quality but i need highest quality for screen captures, still disappointed about low AA and lack of rendering for sectioned view
Message 5 of 19
RoyRR

here is a link because apparently attachments share the same problem as line breaks here http://s30.postimg.org/xq41mel81/Untitled.png
Message 6 of 19
warrentdo

Hello Roy,

Would it be possiable to create a pack and go?

How many parts on the assembly? (bottom right numbers)

Regards,

Warren.

Message 7 of 19
jletcher

1) How many parts are we talking ?

2) Any projected edges and how many?

3) Any adaptive Parts, Sketches?

4) All sketches fully constrained?

5) Any iparts, iassemblies?

6) Are you using Content Center parts?

7) Any imported Parts, How many?

Message 8 of 19
mcgyvr

@RoyRR wrote:
Win 7 64 bit yes 2012 and yes 1-always 2-UAC disabled 3-nothing else is running MS drivers have nothing to do with nvidia card but yes drivers are up to date tried quality but i need highest quality for screen captures, still disappointed about low AA and lack of rendering for sectioned view

What do you mean by "tried quality but".. quality will give you the best display with the highest AA..

What is it set to now?

And post your exact driver version. (like 307.83)

I had NO problems with antialiasing on 2012.. It was better than any other version

What do you have for tools..application options..display tab (display quality).. should be "smoother" or something like that..

Also what do you have for minimum frame rate.. 

2012 was a very stable release IMO with great graphics. 

Your issues scream graphics driver problems.. You can try rolling back to an older version too but anything from 2013 "should" work just fine. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 9 of 19
mrattray

@RoyRR wrote:
MS drivers have nothing to do with nvidia card

Microsoft certifies drivers (WHQL?) for running Driect X, which is what Inventor uses. Is your graphics driver cetified by Microsoft?

By the way, your problems with the forum are likely due to addthis.com being blocked either by your browser or your IT department.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 19
blair
in reply to: mrattray

The most current Nvidia driver is 33.23, it was released March 10th. There have been a couple of post the this driver has solved some AA problems.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 19
mcgyvr

@Blair wrote:
The most current Nvidia driver is 33.23, it was released March 10th. There have been a couple of post the this driver has solved some AA problems.

Driver is 335.23 Mar 10 2014..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 12 of 19
blair
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks, early in the morning here, fingers still not up to speed. 🙂

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 13 of 19
mcgyvr

@Blair wrote:
Thanks, early in the morning here, fingers still not up to speed. 🙂

I've got your back man Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 19
RoyRR

"Would it be possiable to create a pack and go? How many parts on the assembly? (bottom right numbers) Regards, Warren." Probably no- its weighing around 200mb... that number is 218 "1) How many parts are we talking ? 2) Any projected edges and how many? 3) Any adaptive Parts, Sketches? 4) All sketches fully constrained? 5) Any iparts, iassemblies? 6) Are you using Content Center parts? 7) Any imported Parts, How many?" 1-218? 2-alot 3-around 10 4-not all 5-around 10 6-no 7-imported from where? "What do you mean by "tried quality but".. quality will give you the best display with the highest AA.. What is it set to now? And post your exact driver version. (like 307.83) I had NO problems with antialiasing on 2012.. It was better than any other version What do you have for tools..application options..display tab (display quality).. should be "smoother" or something like that.. Also what do you have for minimum frame rate.. 2012 was a very stable release IMO with great graphics. Your issues scream graphics driver problems.. You can try rolling back to an older version too but anything from 2013 "should" work just fine. " tried rolling back to version form 2013 (320.49) also tried the 335.23 from last month patch. AA is there but very poor... tried nvidia control panel and force AA and post processing but that helped a lil but made everything blurry "Microsoft certifies drivers (WHQL?) for running Driect X, which is what Inventor uses. Is your graphics driver cetified by Microsoft? By the way, your problems with the forum are likely due to addthis.com being blocked either by your browser or your IT department." yes the are, they are provided by nvidia experience, there is no problem with any other application just inventor, i turned of Adblock and we will see if that helps, other than that there is no filters active
Message 15 of 19
RoyRR

yep, sure line breaks didn't work. there is no filters on my computer that would block the said website

Message 16 of 19
mrattray

Are you sure it's not being blocked upstream (by a corporate firewall, for example)? If I set AdBlock to block AddThis.com I get the symptoms you're reporting, if I turn that filter back off it suddenly works again. So, this is logicaly the most likley cause.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 17 of 19
RoyRR
in reply to: mrattray

well there is no filters between me and the provider (direct access) the only thing i had was add-block, and that was deactivated... i also get problems with writing messages as when editing the edits don't apply or the entire post poofs...
Message 18 of 19
blair
in reply to: mcgyvr

Something with the new format web-site, I can't add files, insert graphics or edit my posts from work either. Same thing happens with IE10, IE11, Safari and Mozilla FireFox, all from my work machine. It was fine till the forum changed last November.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 19 of 19
RoyRR

it so happens I'm writing this from home... private connection no filters FF browser.. i kinda gave up with this issue since no one had any solutions or tips so i will just have to Photoshop it 😕 not impressed with this software to be honest, even the forum has glitches

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report