Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventer arrays

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bart_van_tuyl
253 Views, 1 Reply

Inventer arrays

Hi all,

I have a question in relation to making arrays. In autocad we could make a dynamic block with a grip and an array of a grid which worked a treat, because all the drafter would have to do was import the block and streach the item by its grip from one point to another.

I realize that in Inventor we can make arrays but I want the process automated simular to the the attaced dwg I created as example. Im looking for the Inventor equivelent of this concept.

In a nutshell to insert my part in from the contents center and streach the image and have all the grid sections automatically be created.

Dose anybody know hoe to do this in inventor? (see attached  AutoCAD dwg example)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.gate
in reply to: bart_van_tuyl

If you are still looking to achieve this it can be done with Sketches and parameters.

If you have Inventor 2015 please take a look at the attached part.

In a nutshell.

I created a sketch with a rectangle drawn in. I then drew a construction line next to the rectangle and had a driven parameter for its length. This means it can be streched and manipulated (abit like your strechable DWG block).

The length of this contruction line is then related to a pattern if the number of vertical instances related as follows.

number of vertical instances in pattern = floor (length construction line/height of rectangle)

the floor is important as this rounds down the value.

This construction line can be streched either inside or outisde of the sketch enviroment, so a word of warning would be to once happy with the length make it a real dimension rather than driven one.

On streching the construciton line you do have to force a local update (although this I am sure could be tweaked to run automatically with some ilogic)

Also using this as a content center part you would have to make sure that you placed is as non-standard everytime otherwise it would be read only.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report