Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid thread data table

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ibrahimkauzman
5497 Views, 6 Replies

invalid thread data table

dear sir, each time i try to use the bolted connection, i get an error message telling (invalid thread data table. Please check Thread.xls file
i tried to reinstall the windows and the autodesk inventor but the error keep appearing
any help
1.my os is windows xp sv2 32 bit

2. inventor version is 2011 32 bit i also had the same problem with 2010

3. i tried to reinstall without any antivirus on my pc but i still have the same problem

4. what's a UAC?

5. yes i've office 2007 installed & i had tried with office 2003 but also the same problem.

NB:

1 the first time i used, i made the bolted connection once, but at the second time i kept having this issue.

2 my last trial was installing a freh copy of the windows then install office and the inventor only but nothing changed

3 i tried to install the inventor on another pc but i also had the same issue

4 i searched the c drive for the file THREAD.xls, and i found three of it and i guess they are fine.

I really appreciate very much your help for me.

Best Regards,

Ibrahim Habib

Field Service Engineer

Engineering & Services Technology Ltd.

30 St. 276 New Maadi, Cairo 11435

Tel.  :       +2-02-25193383        

Fax  :        +2-02-25193381

mobile :  +2-019-0018449

E-Mail : ibrahim.habib@etg-eg.com

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
esmall1894
in reply to: ibrahimkauzman

Ibrahim,

I have had this issue myself before.  Most times just closing Inventor and restarting solves the problem.  I am assuming the solution to your issue is a bit more complicated.  Make sure that your Project file,Options Folder/Design Data is pathed to the folder location where your Thread file is stored. (Projects-1 photo)

738i9FF148F9E6FF79E1

After that try redeploy the design data by executing the Design Data.exe file in the design data folder location.  This will reset all of your saved styles back to "as origninally installed" condition.

740i534666DEA09411A6

Eric Small
Autodesk Inventor Professional
Sr. Mechanical Designer
Message 3 of 7

If you have Inventor 2011, you can no longer find this DesignData.exe file in the Design Data folder as in previous releases. It was removed in version 2011. In order to to restore the original Design Data files, you need to follow the instructions given in this solution:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14938621&linkID=9242018

Daniela Koloszko

Message 4 of 7

dear sir,

i searched & deleted all files named: Thread.xls from c:\programfiles\autodesk, then the bolted connection worked with very good, but when i closed the inventor & opened it a couple of times the problem came back again, so isn't there a permenant solution & why is this happening ?

really appreciate your help both of you

BEST REGARDS 

Message 5 of 7

Did you already try the solution which I mentioned in my previous post? This will reset the Design Data folder in your installation with the original files.

Also, try logging on as another user to your computer, let's say Administrator and run Inventor again to see if you get the same problem, if it works, then your profile maybe corrupt and you need to create a new one.

The problem may appear if you have other versions of Inventor installed on the same computer. If this is the case, a clean reinstallation of all versions of the product can help as well. You can find more details of how to uninstall correctly different versions of Inventor here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/search?la=en&siteID=123112&catID=2334116&linkID=9242018&qt=c...

Make sure that you have up to date version of MS Office installed with all latest Microsoft patches applied.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 6 of 7
neurobox

Fortunately the solution could be as exceedingly simple as the problem. Just now I stumbled across this gem:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/05/cannot-create-or-edit-thread-features-or-t...

This "UseExcelToReadThreadFile" registry correction needs to be spread about to the various places where this error is discussed, or even publicly endorsed by Autodesk. This error haunted me for months, even my content center threaded parts had the tiniest of ID's, useless for detail drawings. There are too many places where the solution is to reinstall, especially given that I have seen this issue right out of the box.

In this case, hopefully that's all that's wrong...

Message 7 of 7
a20114264

All is about a Windows last update. Here is a link where they solve this issue step by step:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

It helped me on less than 5 mntes for the same issue. Have a nice day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report