Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 1 of 7 (515 Views)

Invalid Reference to segment object used

515 Views, 6 Replies
12-10-2012 07:30 AM

I derived in a part and I am trying to use a sketch from it in my new part.

I am trying to revolve my sketch and when I do I get this error.

2012-12-10_0903.png

I am using a English version, and I cant read chinese at all.  Design doctor shows no errors, but this will not revolve. Tried Extruding and get the same error.  When I try to revolve, it shows a preview of my part correctly, but when I click apply in the revolve dialog, that is when I get this error.

The files are attached and here is a video of my steps. In the zip file, the -M8.ipt needs the EOF marker moved all the way to the bottom.

Kirk A.

Windows 7 x64 -12 GB Ram
Intel i7-930 @ 3.60ghz
nVidia GTS 250 -1GB (Driver 301.42)
INV Pro R2013, SP1.1
Vault Basic 2013

Distinguished Contributor
psaarloos
Message 2 of 7 (482 Views)

Re: Invalid Reference to segment object used

12-11-2012 02:50 AM in reply to: karthur1

Hi,

I am also getting this error sometimes..

ChineseError.png

It occurs mainly when trying to insert a custom content center member through the API. The weird thing is that it doesn't occur everytime. First I thought it had something to do with the Check In command of the Vault Addin, because turning off DWF creation at check in time solved the problem - or at least I thought. It came back after a while, so probably nothing to do with the Check in command as well..

Could somebody from Autodesk, please point out what could cause this Chinese error on a English version of Inventor? How can I get rid of this error? Any hotfixes?

Regards,

Pim Saarloos

rene.van.haaren
Message 3 of 7 (470 Views)

12-11-2012 08:12 AM in reply to: karthur1

I'm getting the same type of errors that Pim describes.

Anybody got a clue?

Product Support
4donwan4
Message 4 of 7 (451 Views)

12-12-2012 01:50 PM in reply to: karthur1

Not going to admit I have a clue but can state this error is too generic to say that all possible instances where you would see this pop up could be related. Kirk's issue seems to be at the sketch level. see attached. Pim’s might be at the content center level but possible this CC part might have blocks in it? Depending on IDCL or MDF format I would run library through the update wizard located in project file, select the “Configure CC Libraries button above the “Done” button if you see a lightning bolt. Kirk for your file I will log it to development.

Regards,

Don

Contributor
kylegoltsch
Message 5 of 7 (428 Views)

12-17-2012 10:55 AM in reply to: karthur1

I am also getting this message.  I have talked to Autodesk Technical support and they have sent it to development.  I am now been rebuilding my assembly everyday since 12/6/2012 and have no answer.  I just have to keep re doing the same work everyday (if I was in a joking mood I would reference Groundhogs day with Bill Murray).

My customer wanted a final design on 12/12.  He is still (impatiently) waiting.  

ericflick
Message 6 of 7 (205 Views)

12-31-2013 01:38 PM in reply to: karthur1

I am also getting this error. I have a layout sketch in an assembly which I am using to create sheet metal parts. I can edit a part in context of the assembly but then when I return to parent I get the error.

Looking at this thread it has been happening for a while.

Sure would be nice if AutoDesk had a fix.

Error.png

Inventor 2013 SP2

Contributor
kylegoltsch
Message 7 of 7 (185 Views)

01-02-2014 04:39 AM in reply to: ericflick
Eric, Mine was due to the power transmission tools in Inventor. I had added gears and a timing belt with it. When I deleted it, the error went away. Hope this helps. Kyle
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.