Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid character error when creating iLogic rule

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1076 Views, 5 Replies

Invalid character error when creating iLogic rule

Just got this error in the attached ipt file:

Edit Rule

'', hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character.

This file was generated as a skeleton for using the frame generator.  Can someone please have a look and see what the issue is? Running 2014.

Here's the printout under the 'more info' tab. This was the result of right-clicking the rules window , selecting 'New Rule' and accepting the default rule name 'Rule0'.  Same result with any other name.

System.ArgumentException: '', hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character.
at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.InvalidXmlChar(Int32 ch, Byte* pDst, Boolean entitize)
at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.WriteElementTextBlock(Char* pSrc, Char* pSrcEnd)
at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.WriteString(String text)
at System.Xml.XmlWellFormedWriter.WriteString(String text)
at System.Xml.Linq.ElementWriter.WriteElement(XElement e)
at System.Xml.Linq.XElement.WriteTo(XmlWriter writer)
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.WriteContentTo(XmlWriter writer)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.WriteTo(XmlWriter writer)
at iLogic.Controls.SyntaxEditorControl.GetActiproSoftwareLanguageXmlStream()
at iLogic.Controls.SyntaxEditorControl.get_SyntaxLanguage()
at iLogic.Controls.SyntaxEditorControl.LoadLanguage()
at iLogic.Controls.SyntaxEditorControl.set_Text(String value)
at iLogic.EditRuleRunner.RuleModifyAndEval(ILmiRule ruleNodeDef, Boolean& cancelled)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
salariua
in reply to: Anonymous

This was really weird. I got the same error when trying to edit your rule. I have tryied to add another and same problem.

I started a new part and recreated you sketches and parameters and got the same error.

I then renamed your parameter to something else and it worked. Rename shaft_height to something else, I don't know why but maybe this is a reserved name for Design Accelerator shafts Smiley Surprised

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
MingweiGao
in reply to: salariua

Yes, I have a look at your part and get the same results. But if I re-input Shaft_height in Fx table again, it works well. It seems related to the character. Do you have a try other characters?

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: MingweiGao

Yeah, I deleted the user parameter, which I realised can only be done once any references to it have been removed from the other parameter lines. Got it working  now but I still have no idea what the underlying issue is.

Message 5 of 6
salariua
in reply to: Anonymous

You should be able to rename the parameter, just by clicking inside the name in Parameters. This is just a display name and I am guessing it has a hidden unique "name" value that we can't change and that is used trough out the part. If you change the name (call it display name) it changes everywhere (inside ilogic rules as well) because it's being referenced by it's hidden name.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
HermJan.Otterman
in reply to: salariua

Thanks, I had the same issue, and same error. after renaming the first (of 30) parameter, it worked again. even after typing the same name again it worked...??!! verry strange! (this was with Inventor 2016 sp1)

If this answers your question then please select "Accept as Solution"
Kudo's are also appreciated Smiley Wink

Succes on your project, and have a nice day

Herm Jan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report