Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INV2013 - export work features

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
projektant
469 Views, 4 Replies

INV2013 - export work features

How can i export etc. planes from skeleton.ipt file to iam file using MAKE COMPONENTS?

I tried to set plane for export in dialog box - INCLUDE PARAMETERS -> WORK GEOMETRY, but it seems to do nothing...

Is this possible ? I need it later to set constrains in assemble file.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: projektant

If you do Derive Component you can select the workfeatures.  (make components is just an automated method of Derive Component)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
projektant

Thank's but I think You meant MAKE PART (instead of DERIVE). It works, but exported plane is visible all the time, i can't disable visibility of this plane alone (i can use VIEW-Object Visibility- User Work Plane- but this disable all other planes).

Moreover, in my opinion this method takes more time that, making new plane in assembly file later.

Why I can't simply export planes using MAKE COMPONENTS ?! I'm really confused.

Message 4 of 5
Yijiang.Cai

Thank you to report this concern to us!

Make part really does work fine in this case. For make components, there is different between R2013 and R2012 in include parameters dialog. Please see the attached image. For R2012, only parameters are listed in include paramters dialog when clicking include parameters button in make component dialog. But for R2013, parameters, work features, etc. are listed in include parameters dialog.  Based on the understanding, there should be only pareameters listed in include parameters dialog as expected. But work features are also listed here, so it causes this confusion. It looks the issue here. Anyway, one issue has been logged as DID 1478782 in our tracking system.

Anyway, it can be acccomplished to edit the derive feature in component after making components.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 5 of 5
projektant

Thank's a lot !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report