Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Inv2012]Adding a custom welding assembly material

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ThisOneSEGuy
297 Views, 1 Reply

[Inv2012]Adding a custom welding assembly material

Hi,

I'm preparing an assembly consisting of welded parts (DC01 sheetmetal + S235JR elements). While I was able to add (Styles editor) a custom material to the sheetmetal (DC01) part and the element (S235JR), I'm not able to add a custom material to the welded assembly. This is a big problem for me, because I'm preparing a parametric drawings set, which reads parts material and a non-precise material like "Welded alluminium" won't do. I need to be able to change that to S235JR. How do I do that proper?

I don't want to just remove the <MATERIAL> info from the drawing table and replace it with a text field, because it's doubling the procedure (Part -> Select material + Drawing -> Type material text field instead of only Part -> Select material)

Best regards,

Peter

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
warrentdo
in reply to: ThisOneSEGuy

Hello,

We missed 2012 out but in 2011 you have to check the box Use as Weldment in the styles editor.

material 2011.PNG

This should then show up when you convert to weldment.

Regards

Warren,

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
----------------------------
2013 Product Design Suite Ultimate 64-bit
2012 Product Design Suite Ultimate 64-bit
2011 Product Design Suite Ultimate 64-bit
All running at the same time 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report