Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inv11 BOM Multi-line Text Wrap

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
394 Views, 6 Replies

Inv11 BOM Multi-line Text Wrap

Our company is wanting to start using the automatic BOM that is in Inventor, but there's one thing holding us back. We want to have all of our BOM row heights to be the same height. This isn't a problem if we have single line text. Once multi-line text is entered and it wraps to fit the width of the column, the row height goes double size and the text looks like it's 2x spacing (eventhough in the BOM properites it says single line spacing). I tried using custom text for the BOM data text which has spacing of exact .22, which is what Inventor wraps text as when I just do regular text, so is there a way for us to make our BOM text have a smaller spacing or will we need to just continue manually entering all of our BOM data? Appreciate any help...

Matt
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You're right it doesn't follow text settings and should be considered a bug. Here's the same text style in a parts list on the left
and a regular text box on the right. Don't expect that to be fixed any time soon.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Dave...not the news I was looking for but I guess it'll have to do! Anyone from Autodesk have any comments about this? Is this something that will be addressed in a new SP or a new version at all? I can't sell my company on using automatic BOMs unless this could work...it might just be my company that wants to have the row heights the same but I find that unlikely. Anyone else want the same thing or do you all just let it be however big it wants to be?
Message 4 of 7
dan_szymanski

Sketch,

This issue previously existed as an enhancement request with the Inventor Development team. It was logged as ID #445636. I have bumped its severity as I see it more as a problem then an enhancement. Thanks for bringing this functional need to our attention.

Regards,
Dan Szymanski
Inventor QA
Autodesk Inc.
Dan Szymanski
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Dan!

wrote in message news:5460794@discussion.autodesk.com...
Sketch,

This issue previously existed as an enhancement request with the Inventor Development team. It was logged as ID #445636. I have
bumped its severity as I see it more as a problem then an enhancement. Thanks for bringing this functional need to our attention.

Regards,
Dan Szymanski
Inventor QA
Autodesk Inc.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you very much Dan! Looking forward to seeing this work the way we need it.

Matt Proctor
Message 7 of 7
vavfreak

Has this issue been address Autodesk? We are on Inventor 2014 and have the same problem.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report