Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inv10sp3a : Selection / Highlight BUG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
289 Views, 8 Replies

Inv10sp3a : Selection / Highlight BUG

Try this for yourself, somebody might want to try other versions.

I'm basing this on the Windows Standard that using Shift will select everything in between (including the items selected) and using
Ctrl just includes the item selected.

Select an item in the graphics window (g/w). Hold down Shift and select something in the g/w about five items away. I happen to have
five drive belts in a row in the g/w and in the browser, they were ideal for identifying this little anomaly.

The selection behaves as if Ctrl had been held down.

The same thing happens if the first item is selected in the browser and the second item in the g/w.

This isn't consistent with Windows selection standard whilst selection in the browser is consistent.

Confused ... I was ... ! ! !

--
P4, 1.9 GHz
1.5Gb RAM, 4Gb page, /3Gb
Win X/P sp2 [all hotfixes]
AIS10 sp3a [all hotfixes]
Nvidia Quadro4 980 XGL
(Bios 4.28.20.33.01) (Drv. 7.7.5.6)

--
Duncan
"Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad
as what passes for ordinary living."
(Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002)
www.autodesk.co.uk/inventorjobs
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That's really strange because it works as expected here. I have used this a lot, for example, when turning off or on the visibilility of lots of parts at once. I am using IV10 SP3a/XP Pro SP2. I can't imagine what is causing the problem there.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Stuart,
Is that when selecting in the Graphics Window or in the Browser? When I use
Shift in the Graphics Window I get exactly the same thing happening as
Duncan i.e. only the individual items I clicked on are selected in the
Browser not the ones in-between. I've never tried this method in the
Graphics Window so have no idea if the behaviour has changed.

--
Cheers,

Rob Singlehurst

Quadro4 750XGL 81.64
Athlon XP 2600+
1G RAM
W2K SP4
IV10 SP3a

wrote in message news:5082773@discussion.autodesk.com...
That's really strange because it works as expected here. I have used this a
lot, for example, when turning off or on the visibilility of lots of parts
at once. I am using IV10 SP3a/XP Pro SP2. I can't imagine what is causing
the problem there.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry, I didn't read the post properly. It does not work that way in the graphics window and neither would I expect it to. There is no progression or 'list' to select in the graphics window so how would IV know which parts to select?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

... so how would IV know which parts to select?

Inv created the list in the browser and has access and can reference that data at all times.

--
Duncan
"Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Are you suggesting that IV should select all the parts that exist in the browser between the parts selected in the graphics window?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

If you were to hold down Shift and select them in the browser it would, so why not in the g/w ?

Consistency.

--
Duncan

wrote in message news:5082814@discussion.autodesk.com...
Are you suggesting that IV should select all the parts that exist in the browser between the parts selected in the graphics window?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hi

I think shift-select in the browser and shift-select in the graphics window are pretty different things - just because parts are near to one another in the browser does not mean that they would be adjacent in the image. For example some of the stuff I do could have sequential parts in the browser, but on the model they could be 4m apart. Would making these parts and everything inbetween invisible in one go be useful?

As a side note, what I'd really like is the ability to use a drag window to multi select parts. THAT would save me HOURS of time.

Shona
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

It would need a priority and I would suggest the priority should the order of the parts in the browser.

--
Duncan

wrote in message news:5082838@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi

I think shift-select in the browser and shift-select in the graphics window are pretty different things - just because parts are
near to one another in the browser does not mean that they would be adjacent in the image. For example some of the stuff I do could
have sequential parts in the browser, but on the model they could be 4m apart. Would making these parts and everything inbetween
invisible in one go be useful?

As a side note, what I'd really like is the ability to use a drag window to multi select parts. THAT would save me HOURS of time.

Shona

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report