Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inv to Mech desktop models / assembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Wogz
99 Views, 3 Replies

Inv to Mech desktop models / assembly

Can you? Convert Inventor parts an dassemblies to Mech desktop parts and assemblies?

I know you can go Mech desktop to Inv, and would expect to go the other way..
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MechMan_
in reply to: Wogz

Nope, only IV to MDT as far as feature translation. To go from IV to MDT you'll have to STEP out the IV model.

MechMan
Message 3 of 4
Wogz

Thanks Mechman

Some sales guys will tell you anything to make a sale, eh?! Or dumb on my part, for assuming that if it goes one way, it'll go the other way too..
Message 4 of 4
MechMan_

Sad that a salesman told you it went both ways. I expect that it is within Autodesk's power to make it translate both ways but this is just part of the marketing effort to push MDT users in ONE direction. Once you're in IV they don't want you to drop back down into MDT.

It just occurred to me that there is some sort of feature translator on the MDT CD. Maybe it's only on the AIS6 CD? I can't remember since I've never used it. Theoretically you could STEP out an IV part and then run it through the MDT feature translator to rebuild the part into a feature based solid for MDT. Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

MechMan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report