Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INV looking for a bunch of duplicate project files in Temp directory

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kwilson_design
728 Views, 6 Replies

INV looking for a bunch of duplicate project files in Temp directory

I'm not sure what is going on but I have a few machines at my work that are acting up since going to 2012 about a month ago. For whatever reason when I click the project icon I'm getting a huge list that INV is trying to look into my temp directory for my project file. Obviously our project file is not mapped to that folder. It's mapped to C:\Amerex Vault\Engineering\

We only use one single "master" project file that resides in Vault but gets pushed down as local 'copies' on each users machine. Some people do not have this issue while others like myself are getting a huge list growing. We've never had this issue before on previous installs on both Vault and INV.

Please see attached screen shot. Any ideas of help is much appreciated. I tried contacting my reseller for their tech support but they are at a loss too and I need to get this resolved if possible. TIA

Kenny

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: kwilson_design

Kenny

I'm haveing a similar problem. In my case I keep getting more and more shotcuts being created.

So I do a get on the ipj file from vault, and as always it creates one shortcut.

BUT

Then as the day goes and I open and close files and get things from vault I get 

short cut project_name1.ipj 

short cut project_name2.ipj

short cut project_name3.ipj

shortcut  project_name4.ipj

ect ect.

As like you it only seem to be happening on some machines not all of them.

Rob

Message 3 of 7

Rob,

That sounds like the same issue. My 'list' from above is also growing and creating more of these temp location files all throughout the day everytime I get a file from Vault. As you can imagine my list is huge now. You can't even see the bottom of the dialog box to click "OK" or "Close". It is also affecting Inventor and PC performance just like the error said it may. Hopefully ADSK folks will chime in soon to help us.

Regards,
Kenny
Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 4 of 7

I am running into the same problem... has anyone found a fix for this yet???

Message 5 of 7

I forgot I created this thread but I wanted to update that we still have this issue. I'm not sure if it's because we use shared directories or not at my work.

Basically I found where these temp files are being stored. On our machines we are seeing them in a folder located in a path like this \\servername\users\my_name\Inventor\. This path is basically what would be "Documents Library" in Windows 7.

Anyone from ADSK care to chime in if this is something you've seen on a Shared Directories network?

Best regards,

Kenny

Regards,
Kenny
Message 6 of 7
mdurst
in reply to: kwilson_design

From Autodesk Support:

Thank you for choosing Autodesk Support. There is a known issue related to Vault, which occurs when the customer executes 'Copy Design'.  As a result, the project files are duplicated in the TEMP directory and, as you have noticed, the links are not removed so Inventor still searches for those project files.

Please delete all the contents of the TEMP folder and also remove the shortcuts found in "...\My Documents\Inventor".  That should take care of the warning.

You can also disable the message in the Application Options dialog box (Prompts tab), as shown in the attached image.

The problem with 'Copy design' has been already logged with our development team for a fix and is currently under investigation.  we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Message 7 of 7
mwlaymon
in reply to: mdurst

Can you give us an update on this?  We are encountering the same thing using Inventor/Vault 2014.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report