Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inv 2014: "Moldflow analysis server is terminated."

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
LT.Rusty
1482 Views, 1 Reply

Inv 2014: "Moldflow analysis server is terminated."

So I'm getting an error in the mold design environment that says "The Moldflow analysis server is terminated.  You can save the current document and reopen it in order to restart the Moldflow analysis server."

I've reviewed the advice on this problem here and tried everything except a clean reinstall and FDISK /MBR.  (OBTW, really?  FDISK /MBR?!?!?!?)

Haven't had any hardware changes on this machine in almost a year - certainly none since the last time I used the mold design environment successfully.  Software did change a little bit recently - I installed Sim 360 Moldflow.  That's the only thing I can think of that might be causing an issue.  Do Inventor and Sim 360 Moldflow not work and play well together on the same machine?  Inventor is up to date - SP1 Update 3.

Anyone have any workarounds or fixes that don't involve using FDISK?

Rusty

EESignature

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LT.Rusty
in reply to: LT.Rusty

This issue is resolved now, with the help of Autodesk support.

It appears that installation of Sim 360 Moldflow may have made some changes to the Inventor installation, and MITSI.EXE lost its registration.  Autodesk support sent me a new copy of MITSI.EXE, which I copied to C:\PROGRAM FILES\AUTODESK\INVENTOR 2014\MOLDFLOW\BIN\MITSI.EXE.  After this, I opened up a command prompt window (using run as administrator), navigated to the directory above, and used the command: MITSI.EXE /REGISTER.

Problem solved!

If you have the same problem, I'd recommend trying MITSI.EXE /REGISTER even without a new copy of the file - it may work just by itself.  If it doesn't, however, then Autodesk support can help you get a new copy. 

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report