Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inv 2013 subscription

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
safiredesignengineers
594 Views, 7 Replies

inv 2013 subscription

hey group

I heard that there might notbe many new changes to inv 2013, should we be excited about the next release?

regards Adrian

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Anyone who knows has agreed to non-disclosure.

You can find out for yourself http://beta.autodesk.com

what is exciting for you might be different for someone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
stevec781
in reply to: JDMather

A release with no new features that just concentrated on performance and useablity would excite me. 

Message 4 of 8

Inventor costs a lot to keep up to date, it would be nice to get a heads up on what is comming. surley it would be good for marketing as well to do teaser trailers?

with regards to beta testing, I am sooooo busy i  wonder if I would just have issues on the beta testing program,If it is a case of testing and when bugs are found then messing about with updates and reports etc.. then I think it would just add to an already busy life.

Last year was not fun for me and upgrading to 2012 due to a couple of major issues when inventor hadn't been tested properly prior to release and these known bugs took months to sort!!.

regards Adrian

Message 5 of 8

@safiredesignengineers wrote:

Inventor costs a lot to keep up to date, it would be nice to get a heads up on what is comming. surley it would be good for marketing as well to do teaser trailers?

Last year was not fun for me and upgrading to 2012 due to a couple of major issues when inventor hadn't been tested properly prior to release and these known bugs took months to sort!!.

regards Adrian

...and what happens if beta testers find bugs and teaser features don't make it into the release.

Users get mad.  That is why Autodesk never promises future functionality.

Inventor isn't tested properly when the users (like you) don't get involved in Beta.

They can't possible envision every possible scenario uses will get into.
If it is a real problem for you then I suggest waiting to SP1 to install.

But if everybody waited to SP1....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 8

Hi Jd

I know, but for small businesses like me it is a big investment and I would like to get excited about it!

Message 7 of 8

@safiredesignengineers wrote:

Hi Jd

I know, but for small businesses like me it is a big investment and I would like to get excited about it!

So sign up for beta and see what its got.

The first rule of fight club is "You don't talk about fight club".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 8

The other option is to not pay it.  If the new release has something you like then pay the late fee and get current, if not wait for next year and keep working with your current version.  Thats what I do.  I dont like paying in advance for something I dont know about and I dont like paying for VAR support that I dont use.  I also wait until SP1.

Its a great business model, get people to pay for a surprise and if they dont like what they are given ask them to pay again and wait with fingers crossed for another 12 months.

The other reason I do this is because I review my software each year so if one of the others comes out with something good enough to make me switch, then the savings help offset the cost of switching.  That's how I switched from SW to Inventor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report